What to get with a gift card??

lyttleravyn

I just got a $100 gift card to Macy’s for my birthday, and I’ll most likely spend it at my local MAC counter! The only thing is that I’d love some recommendations as to what you guys think I’m “missing” from my collection. I’m all set on face products, eye/lip liners, lipglosses and skincare, I was thinking either eyeshadows, blushes or lipsticks (or a combination! haha).

I’m a NC15/20 brunette with hazel eyes. Thanks in advance!!!

This is what I have currently:

Eyeshadows:
All That Glitters
Antiqued
Aqua
Beautiful Iris
Beauty Marked
Black Tied
Carbon
Contrast
Cranberry
Da Bling
Dazzlelight
Expensive Pink
Fade
Flashtrack
Flip
Forgery
Gesso
Girlie
Glamour Check!
Gleam
Goldmire
Greensmoke
Handwritten
Honesty
Idol Eyes
Knight Divine
Krisp
Meadowland
Mulch
Naked Lunch
Nocturnelle
Nylon
Paradisco
Parfait Amour
Parrot
Pen N Pink
Petalescent
Phloof!
Pink Venus
Plum Dressing
Post Haste
Satin Taupe
Scene
Shale
Shore Leave
Shroom
Sketch
Smoke & Diamonds
Solar White
Steamy
Style Snob
Surreal
Sushi Flower
Sweet Lust
Swimming
Texture
Tilt
Time & Space
Trax
Vanilla
Woodwinked
Young Punk
QUAD: In the Gallery
QUAD: Lucky Tom
QUAD: Photo Realism
QUAD: Spiced Chocolate

Lipsticks:
Blankety
Blow Dry
Bombshell
Brave Red
Craving
Creme Cup
Creme d’Nude
Crosswires
Fanfare
Faux
Fresh Brew
Fresh Moroccan
High Tea
Hue
Lame
Lollipop Lovin’
London Life
Marquise D’
Mellow Mood
Milan Mode
Naked Paris
New York Apple
On Hold
Politely Pink
Real Treasure
Russian Red
Soft Spot
Sunsonic
What a Do!

Blushes:
Dollymix
Gleeful
Grand Duo
Merrily
Nuance
Pink Swoon
Summer Lily
Sweet William
Warm Soul
X-Rocks

I was thinking maybe...

Eyeshadows: Cork, Winkle, Banshee, Tete-a-Tint, Wedge, Love Lace, Suave Intentions (I thought I maybe needed more Mattes especially in the browns; my favorite textures are the Starflash and the Veluxe Pearl)

Lipsticks: Patisserie, Ravishing, Sweetie, Polished Up, Costa Chic, See Sheer, Spice It Up, Speak Louder (are any of these going to be too close to what I have already? I was maybe going to get something more pink and something else coral, but I don’t want it to look clownish with my coloring; my favorite finishes are Lustre and Cremesheen)

Blushes: Fleur Power, Pinch O’ Peach, Lilicent, So Sweet So Easy, Dainty (I was looking for a peachy-color, I have NARS Orgasm but I would like something not so shimmery)

January

I'm a NW15/20 with hazel eyes... and I really like Dainty, my MA suggested it to me, it's nice on it's on and over other blushes. I think Blush Baby is also another blush you should look into.

Angel lipstick is one of my favorites (it's a frost finish but it doesn't look frosty). Viva Glam V is really really pretty and it's a lustre finish and one of my favorites as well. I also like Sandy B, and you also might like Shy Girl.

Eyeshadow... I didn't see Twinks or Sable on your list, and they are some of my favorites. They would go well with some of the others on your list. Star Violet is nice too, but pretty similar to Cranberry (more of a Woodwinked undertone). Also, Blanc Type is a must have too.

What about PaintPots??? Do you have any of those??

Have fun!
smiles.gif

lyttleravyn

I couldn't wait and went and got a bunch of goodies today at my local counter! I got:

Peaches blush
Macroviolet fluidline
Modelette e/s
Mulled Cider e/s
Lovelorn l/s
Hot Gossip l/s
Hot Tahiti l/s
Spice It Up! l/s

I am going to a freelance store next week with a friend, so I was thinking about getting:

Myself l/s
Pearl CCB

Do the freestanding stores have any pigments in the old jars, or is it all the new jars?

obscuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyttleravyn
I couldn't wait and went and got a bunch of goodies today at my local counter! I got:

Peaches blush
Macroviolet fluidline
Modelette e/s
Mulled Cider e/s
Lovelorn l/s
Hot Gossip l/s
Hot Tahiti l/s
Spice It Up! l/s

I am going to a freelance store next week with a friend, so I was thinking about getting:

Myself l/s
Pearl CCB

Do the freestanding stores have any pigments in the old jars, or is it all the new jars?

If by freestanding you mean CCO, it depends on the CCO. I know mine has some right now and that'll be your best chance of getting them.

lyttleravyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuria
If by freestanding you mean CCO, it depends on the CCO. I know mine has some right now and that'll be your best chance of getting them.

I was going to check a CCO near me, but I meant the MAC stores not the counters.

SUMM3RxBABii

I think you should definitely get Satellite Dreams. I find that e/s works great on any skin tone

and also, get some pigments!