What to look for when buying pigments...

msthrope

not certain if this has been posted before or not, but i thought some people might find it useful in any event. information comes from d.i.v.a-la-g.l.a.m on ebay.

1. MAC pigments ALWAYS have a sticker on the bottom like this
A66
DARK SOUL
they do not come with just a number
the stickers are silver or clear

2. MAC pigments have a black sticker on the top of the boxes stating the name of the pigment, again they do not come out with just numbers.

3. MAC pigments have an inflection over the 'E' on the back of the box where it says:
POUDRE ECLAT (this is the 'E' here<----------) DE COULEUR

4. MAC pigments have a white barcode sticker NOT printed but a STICKER on the bottom of each box.

5. MAC pigments are vibrant and vivid dark soul for instance is a very shimmery charcoal with lots of shimmer as you can see in the pic, other dark souls that are fake will look dull as it is nearly impossible for counterfeiters to copy the beautiful colours MAC create.

6. on the clear lid on a genuine MAC pigment the lid has numbers etched into the clear lid saying
CONTAINER III and 3251 and 3250 and 12.

7. Under the black lid it also has writing and numbers(you have to lift the white disc to see it)

MACATTAK

There have been threads on this person before & lots of people say this seller sells fakes
ssad.gif

msthrope

sorry
ssad.gif
she has 100% feedback so i hope she isn't seeling fakes as i just got a neon 60s from her
ssad.gif

feel free to delete this thread.

MACATTAK

I know I was confused by the 100% feedback as well. I had thought her stuff looked authentic, but apparently they are "good fakes."

panda0410

I saw the original fakes she was selling, and they WERE DEFINITELY fake.... same shit as charleyandemily and designercosmetics2007.... like I said earlier, her feedback only proves that her buyers had no idea what they were getting.....
These new lot she is selling - neon 60s is actually pretty hard to come by and she had quite a few of it so I would be quite suspicious of authenticity.

Additionally these new "better" fakes ALL come with sticker barcodes, (contrary to her own advice) they arent printed barcodes as they used to be in fakes, and the boxes are much cleaner print with better type and font. The top box stickers are also now in the right place as well so they are getting incredibly hard to pick. I would be still be careful - I looked at all her new listings a week or two ago and still was unsure - these ones looked ok, but she told me once she gets all her stock from the Pro store or the outlet - which is crap, the outlet is only open to employess in any case, and as for the pro store they are $39AU each - even if she got them in the US the price they are going for is much less than she paid - no one could be that silly, right???

Latest posts