What to pair with Bronze and Ricepaper?

UltraLuxe

Hi, I'm super-new to MAC and trying to fill a functional palette. I've been stuck in a rut with black/gray/silver e/s for years and I'm breaking into browns for a switch. I have really fair, cool skin, blue eyes, and blonde. I've been looking at swatches for hours and I don't have a MAC store anywhere to see firsthand.

Can someone please help me figure out what to put with Bronze and Ricepaper, and tell me what goes where? I got Ricepaper as a highlighter but I think it's too dark to highlight on me. A few suggestions on trios would help me tremendously right now.

I also have:

Carbon
Electra
Nocturnelle
Goldmine

Thank you guys so much!!!!

ForgetRegret

Ricepaper may not be too dark, but perhaps too warm...I have the same problem with it.
ssad.gif
I love Vanilla as a highlight...it's gorgeous..bit for your browns...I looooooooooove Amber Lights with blue eyes...it looks so stunning. Also, everyone needs Satin Taupe in their neutral collection.
smiles.gif

Darkness

I use this combination with Dazzlelight eyeshadow. You could put Ricepaper on the lid and bronze on outer third and into the crease and dazzlelight to highlight. I have been the same as you, using greys, blacks and silvers for years and now experimenting with browns. There is this website which helps with MAC eyeshadow combos. MAC Eyeshadow Combinations - Updated 08/19/08

hawaii02

Ricepaper and Amber Lights are beautiful together! My MA did these for my first MAC makeover. Satin Taupe and Goldmine (or Nocturnelle) are also very pretty.

cheryl

I just posted a FOTD and used Ricepaper, Bronze and WOODWINKED! I use woodwinked all over the lid with bronze in the crease and ricepaper to highlight!

moopoint

I use Ricepaper on the lid when I use it. I also find it too warm to highlight with. It looks stunning with Satin Taupe in outer v/crease with Dazzlelight to highlight. You can swap Satin Taupe with Antiqued, Bronze, Cranberry, or even Nocturnelle.

I haven't tried it with Amber Lights, but I will now thanks to hawaii02! Sounds lovely.

UltraLuxe

Thank you all!!!

So what I've learned so far:

Must have Dazzlelight for highlighter (I suspected this!)

Move Ricepaper to lid.

Swap out tons of other shades for crease.

Order immediately Satin Taupe, Amber Lights, and Cranberry (really? with blue eyes? I wanted to try it anyway).

Next I'm looking into Vanilla and Woodwinked swatches...

Thank you!

gildedangel

Satin Taupe, Amber Lights, Woodwinked, Espresso, Soft Brown, Humid, Sushi Flower and Bronze would all look fantastic!

moopoint

Cranberry is actually quite pinkish, I think it'll look great with blue eyes. Apply lightly at first, then build to the color to your liking. But yes, I say pick up Satin Taupe, Dazzlelight, and Amber lights. They are staples in my collection.

HeatherLouWho

IMO, you need a matte or satin finish shadow to complete the trio. I would recommend Espresso to complete the trio and either cranberry or expensive pink to complete the quad. LMK when you need suggestions to complete the 15 pan palette
winks.gif