What to pair with Crest The Wave e/s?

User42

So I bought MAC's Crest The Wave eyeshadow a while ago because it was LE and I thought it looked so pretty... but now its just sitting in my palette because I don't know what to pair it with!
I don't have a lot of MAC eyeshadows, but I have the following:
Vanilla
Honesty
Woodwinked
Mythology
Swiss Choclate
Satin Taupe
Trax
Cranberry
Sketch
Carbon
And ofcourse Crest the wave

So I want to get more colors, so if you know a nice color that I can pair with Crest The Wave, but also with other colors I already have, let me know!

P.S. I am NC20, mediumbrown hair and green eyes that look slightly blue sometimes
smiles.gif

Tahti

I pair it with purple or navy E/S's, like Poison Pen, or Contrast, or Nehru...

User42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahti
I pair it with purple or navy E/S's, like Poison Pen, or Contrast, or Nehru...

I love purples, but navy eyeshadows (well, blue in general) tend to make me look like I got punched in the eye :p Don't know if its because I have fair skin or because my eyes are more on the green side.. but thanks for the recs
smiles.gif

Shadowy Lady

I like it with teals and purples.

Btw, about navy making you look weird, navy can make most ppl like they're punched in the eye, to avoid that just make sure to concentrate the colour in the crease as opposed to lid and /or use navy to line. That's how I usually wear that colour

User42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylard
wear it with pinks and oranges
greengrin.gif

Ohh I love orange! Its a little too much maybe to wear to school but since its testweek I'm going to try it out tomorrow
smiles.gif
see if people like it
smiles.gif

User42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I like it with teals and purples.

Btw, about navy making you look weird, navy can make most ppl like they're punched in the eye, to avoid that just make sure to concentrate the colour in the crease as opposed to lid and /or use navy to line. That's how I usually wear that colour

I just tried to quickly combine a teal color and CTW on my eye and it looks really cute! I think it looks even better than yellow&green for some reason
smiles.gif
I guess I like the blueish tone in it haha
smiles.gif
It reminds me of the beach!

And thanks for the tip!

User42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie
I actually used it as a highlight.. :

Really? Well your skin is a lot darker than mine haha
smiles.gif

LMD84

yes i would pair it with purples like parfait amour, violet pigment and greens like teal pigment which would look lovely.
smiles.gif

User42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylard
i wear yellow and hot pink/hot orange eyeshadow to school, who gives a damn
greengrin.gif

Hahaha
greengrin.gif
Well I think I'm going to pear it with orange tomorrow, today I paired it with purple and nobody looked at me like WTF so purple+yellow=safe. Now I wanna see how they respond to orange haha
greengrin.gif

User42

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
yes i would pair it with purples like parfait amour, violet pigment and greens like teal pigment which would look lovely.
smiles.gif

I paired it with purples today, I used Crest the wave on the inner half of the lid, trax on the outer half and sketch on the outer V. Nothing too intense haha
smiles.gif
I've actually been wanting to get Parfait Amour, need to check it out again next time I'm at the mac counter
smiles.gif

Cinfulgirl

Well I think I should start using it with purples now
smiles.gif

I once used it with Satin Taupe on
the crease, and a bit of carbon to darken it

It was the one time i ever used it since I never knew what to pair it with

blondie711

I know it's not on your list to pair with, but it looks great w/ Off the Page & a little purple. I'm nw20 w/ blue/green eyes. HTH

User42

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie711
I know it's not on your list to pair with, but it looks great w/ Off the Page & a little purple. I'm nw20 w/ blue/green eyes. HTH

Off the Page is a bright orange right? I paired it with orange, and that is really pretty
smiles.gif
But how do you wear those two with purple? Like, CTW on inner half, OTP on outer half and a purple in the crease? :p Or purple as a liner? XD

blondie711

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIEHIEZE
Off the Page is a bright orange right? I paired it with orange, and that is really pretty
smiles.gif
But how do you wear those two with purple? Like, CTW on inner half, OTP on outer half and a purple in the crease? :p Or purple as a liner? XD

I did it just like you said, used the purple (I think I used Beautiful Iris) in the crease, and then lined with darker purple, lined lower lash line with the new orange liner (Artistic Orange?). Keep in mind I was pretty tan, I don't think I could have pulled that off in winter..lol Yea, it was pretty "Rainbow Brite", but I did it anyway. Gotta climb outside my box sometimes! HTH

User42

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie711
I did it just like you said, used the purple (I think I used Beautiful Iris) in the crease, and then lined with darker purple, lined lower lash line with the new orange liner (Artistic Orange?). Keep in mind I was pretty tan, I don't think I could have pulled that off in winter..lol Yea, it was pretty "Rainbow Brite", but I did it anyway. Gotta climb outside my box sometimes! HTH

haha that sounds awesome
greengrin.gif

Latest posts