what type of e/s is Starflash?

NewlyMACd

Ok so I have a huge list of shadows I want. This is how I have started my collection. I cross them off if I buy them or if I go and swatch them and I don't like them. I noticed on MAC's site that a lot of the shadows that are being discontinued are Starflash. I don't know what that is. I had a lot of them on my list too. Under description they have everything listed. Satin, Velvet, etc. but they don't have Starflash. So what is it a cousin to? Is it more like a frost or a lustre? What? All I know is now I have to edit my list again.

coachkitten

I think it is because starflash was a limited edition collection and finish. Starflash is the finish but it would be closest to veluxe pearl in my opinion.

darkbeauty27

To me they are very soft, very blendable, and are somewhat like the Veluxe Pearl or even the Mineralize eyeshadow texture-wise. They feel like a dream - love them!

NewlyMACd

Well it looks like I will try to get them before they are gone for good. I love the way VP feel so you have sold me on them. Thanks ladies. Now I wonder if they are still at my MAC store. hhmmmm

darkbeauty27

I think at my counter we shipped all of the extras we had back to corporate.
ssad.gif
We do this to make room in our drawers for newer collections. I would call around to counters and stores near you first before you go out to them.

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewlyMACd
Well it looks like I will try to get them before they are gone for good. I love the way VP feel so you have sold me on them. Thanks ladies. Now I wonder if they are still at my MAC store. hhmmmm

I know I just saw Go, Lotusland, Sunset B, and Top Hat at my counter last night.
They were just mixed in with the regular display.
It'd be worth a shot to check.
smiles.gif

NewlyMACd

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestyFemme
I know I just saw Go, Lotusland, Sunset B, and Top Hat at my counter last night.
They were just mixed in with the regular display.
It'd be worth a shot to check.
smiles.gif

Yeah maybe I will take a little walk up there tomorrow at lunch. Oh and will they be available in the pans? I know the last time they had some discontinued e/s but they were in the containers but no pans

Meryl

Starflash is my favourite!! It's not available in pro-pallette form, none of the LE shadows are. You will have to de-pot.
yes.gif

AngelBunny

I was told by an MA at one of my MAC stores that the Starflash shadows have emolients (sp??? ... not my best subject) in them to keep them from creasing. As far as how they look, they are the most like the Veluxe Pearls to me as well, though a little thicker in texture. I love them! I have Go, Star by Night, Mink and Sable, Smoke and Diamonds, Grand Entrance (OMG! FAVE!), Top Hat and Talent Pool.

Both my Nordie's MAC counter and the MAC store at Willow Bend in Plano, TX still had them, but they were in a box in the back room. The only ones they said that had completely sold out were Top Hat and Smoke and Diamonds. It is definitely worth looking around as I am sure other stores still have them stashed somewhere. HTH

Deirdre

Starlflash's formulations reminds me of some of the Stila shadows - very soft, a bit of fall-out, nice to blend. Think of Stila Cloud, if you're familiar.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbeauty27
I think at my counter we shipped all of the extras we had back to corporate.
ssad.gif
We do this to make room in our drawers for newer collections. I would call around to counters and stores near you first before you go out to them.

aww man! we still have TONS of em! why haven't we gotten the RTV go ahead?
ssad.gif
we have no room for anything in our drawers.

we still have tons of b&b, dm, gc, and sbn, one sunset b and one talent pool. we need to get rid of em asap.

Latest posts