What was your first job?

x music is love

I'm 16 and i want a summer job, but i'm not exactly sure where i want to work or what places would be willing to hire a 16 yr old w/o previous job experience besides babysitting. Technically, I dont NEED to have a summer job but im thinking i really need money and im actually kind of excited to get a job lol. So, i was wondering what everyone's first jobs were ?

alysia

My first job was at Bouclair (a Canadian Fabric store) my second job was at Fairweather, and my current job is at Starbucks
greengrin.gif
ohhh no wait, I worked at a grocery store for like a month before I got my Bouclair job. ahahahaha. Yea it sucked. Never work at a grocery store.

Corvs Queen

My first job was a full time job. My Grandparents didn't want me to work as long as I was going to school and doing Clogging Competitions. They didn't want me to be distracted or tied down. So, my first job was after I graduated. I was a binder at a printing company. I counted, coalated, cut and binded paper. I would wrap things for delivery and sometimes I got to work front desk when someone was out. It was alright. I actually like the job and pay. Just not the people.

kaliraksha

I worked for my Dad's company and a receptionist... until recently I never had a job I had to get for myself.. my family owns a lot of business places and I've done it all... including checking financial records for the past 5 years of business... great =/

My first job was at Burger King. I started during my Senior year of high school.

But guess what?

I'm still working there. It's been about fifteen months now, and I'm planning on quitting once summer is done and over with. I'm quite ambivalent about it though, because I don't plan on getting another job afterwards. I won't have money to buy textbooks and MAC.
ssad.gif

Carlily

My first part-time job was in a coffee shop, it was loads of fun (athough I started at 5/6am on alternate saturdays which was less fun), and then I've been working in clarie's acessories during my holidays from univeristy which is even more fun; just spent the whole time trying stuff on, playing with glitter sprays and dancing round the shop!
For your first job try to find something that looks fun, whether its what you will be doing or who you work with.

bama_beauty

1st job was at one of those private doctor's office. it was cool and everything being that my step moms worked there. didn't have to do much but pull records, make copies, do faxes and of course have free lunch

hee hee hee

Willa

My first job, if I remember well it was for Valentine, a fast food.
I hated it and quitted after 5 days loll
Now I cant go back and smell oignons...

I also worked in a pub in my hometown, in the cloakroom
It was in the basement, with spidders... isssshhhhh
th_confused_new.gif

roxybc

I worked at a muffin place. I hated the girls I worked with so I quit, but I got a new job at the Bay department store like 2 weeks after that. The 15% discount helped out!

cicconeyouth

i was 15 years old and got stuck working at a family friend's nursery. it was hotter than all hell working in a greenhouse. i hate getting dirty so it was the worst job for me. then i ended up working at zumiez for awihle, which really wasn't that bad.

Pink_lily

i had a couple different jobs when i was in high school. my very first job was at wet seal. all i ever got to do was dressing room duty, which basically entailed handing people cards with numbers on them, telling them which room to use, and cleaning up after the little kids who decided to pee in the dressing room. ick. after that, i was a cashier at west marine, a boating supply store. it was easy work but boring on those weekday afternoons when everyone was out of town. i also worked as a sales associate at illuminations, a cool little candle store. i liked that job a lot. oh yeah, and bath & body works. i was one of the top sellers, so they hated to see me go, but i got to try on a lot of cool stuff, got a good discount at other limited corp. stores, and had some very sweet-smelling skin at the end of the day!

user3

I was 18 and I was an inventory control clerk/product control clerk for a computer distribution company.

ishtarchick

my 1st job was when i was 15, it was a coffee shop and i quit after 3 days LOL, then i worked at a gift store for a summer and it was lots of fun, blowing balloons, curling ribbons, etc. and then i went back to coffee and i love it now, i have an affaire with the expresso machine LOL. i also worked during a christmas season in a lingerie shop, which was absolutely insane for me to do, i hated dealing with snobbish girls... that's why I love the expresso machine, she won't talk, she won't make faces, she won't look down on me LOL

J-Anne

my first job was (is?) my current job.. office assistant for my uncle's plumbing company.. my boss is my mom! haha. before that i had unofficial little jobs when i was littler like 8 or 9, i used to alphabetize the filing and stuff for my grandma who was a secretary, or use a little sponge and wet stamps and stuff and seal envelopes and stuff.. i liked it and i got a whole $3 an hour which is a lot when you're like 8

xiahe

i worked @ a pizza place (it was called cameo pizza...it's only based in ohio so unless you live there i'm sure you've never heard of it) and i got paid $6.00/hr...then i got "laid off" because i couldn't work very often (i was really busy @ school...) so then i got a job @ game stop as a seasonal employee (for the holidays)...then i worked @ hot dog heaven (lol that sounds wrong...) and then i quit because the GM was such a fucking asshole...so now i work @ Red Robin where i'm making a nice $7.00/hr - and that's starting. a hostess, that is.