whatcha guys think? All Girl Pigment

caffn8me

Be the first to get next year's makeup! A17 means it's the first production run (A) in January (1) 2007 (7)
icon_eek.gif

Ask whoever is selling it (who is it btw?) whether they also have next year's lottery numbers as they clearly have some time travel ability.

The label shows all the printing mistakes shown in the thread posted by debsjc - An excellent guide to spotting fake pigments from Ebay

professionaltart

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
Be the first to get next year's makeup! A17 means it's the first production run (A) in January (1) 2007 (7)
icon_eek.gif

Ask whoever is selling it (who is it btw?) whether they also have next year's lottery numbers as they clearly have some time travel ability.

The label shows all the printing mistakes shown in the thread posted by debsjc - An excellent guide to spotting fake pigments from Ebay

hahahahaHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA believe it or not it was a friend of mine. i'll ask her for the seller

ilovexnerdsx

Quote:
icon_eek.gif

when i try that link it says i dont have access to that page :confused:

Amethyst_beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovexnerdsx
when i try that link it says i dont have access to that page :confused:

I think it's a post in the private lounge that is only accessible for members who have contributed a certain amount to the Specktra fund....but I could be wrong.

debsjc

That is wierd because I made the orignal post and I can't access it either now!

Anyway it contained a link to an ebay sellers information page, which had some great photos for spotting fake pigments, and a little on fake eyeshadows.

They were regular cosmetics sellers, who genuinely did not realise they had been sold fake MAC, so they produced this page to help others spot the signs - It's definately worth checking out.

http://cgi3.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI..._temptation z

caffn8me

The post was removed because the moderators felt it was unfair to link to an eBay seller's page when other people can't.

Debbie - you have a PM.

I hope to be able to provide the information that was in that link on Specktra as some of it was very useful.

lolachick

Thank you for posting what the lot numbers on the bottom of pigments mean--I've always wondered about that!

London1

http://cgi.ebay.com/FULL-SIZE-BNIB-M...18009487657 8

The above is a link from a seller on Ebay that was selling All Girl Pigments and the auctions states there is no label on the bottom of the jar..they just now e-mailed me back saying:

I cant take picture cause my digital amera is broken. But its a brand new box and there is a number on the bottom its A17 the one I sold last week didnt have a number. Everything is in excellent condition. TT

I thought someone posted that A17 was January 2007... Seller is ttsboutique

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by London1
http://cgi.ebay.com/FULL-SIZE-BNIB-M...18009487657 8

The above is a link from a seller on Ebay that was selling All Girl Pigments and the auctions states there is no label on the bottom of the jar..they just now e-mailed me back saying:

I cant take picture cause my digital amera is broken. But its a brand new box and there is a number on the bottom its A17 the one I sold last week didnt have a number. Everything is in excellent condition. TT

I thought someone posted that A17 was January 2007... Seller is ttsboutique

It's fake, walk away.

~Crystal~

This is actually about pigments in general...

But I've noticed that a lot of people tend to be cautious with buying pigments from Asia- Hong Kong in particular, which is understandable as it's true... they DO produce a whole lot of fake stuff.

However, I just compared the back of my bottles of pigments 'Quietly' and 'Softwashed' which I bought myself while I was over there, AT the MAC store, and the back of the jar is actually really different to what was posted in that link, and what everyone expects to see on the back of a pigment jar!! It's NOTHING alike!

I know these are real for certain because I went and bought them myself... so perhaps many of us have gotten pigments from asia, and, on comparing the back of the jars, have declared them to be fake- simply because they are not alike those jars in the US?

I'll take a couple of photos later on tonight to show this difference.

Maybe you guys already knew all of this stuff- I just found it really surprising and thought I'd share, that's all!
smiles.gif

Edit: This is what's different that I can tell just by looking at it!

The font is not centered- it's aligned to the left
Font is smaller, bolder and closer together
The little symbols (recycling?) and the one with the little hand... are on the bottom right, after all the text!

caffn8me

There are physical differences with the fake jars that go beyond the printing. It's not a question of Asia release pigments being declared as fake when in fact they are genuine. The fakes have previously had obvious printing errors on the boxes as well as incredible batch codes. I'd be interested to see you pictures of the Asia release products though.

~Crystal~

Quote:
There are physical differences with the fake jars that go beyond the printing. It's not a question of Asia release pigments being declared as fake when in fact they are genuine. The fakes have previously had obvious printing errors on the boxes as well as incredible batch codes.

Of course, it's as you said, that there are many other things that can show fakes for what they are
smiles.gif

Anyway- here is the photo I took. Sorry it took so long... perhaps this post should be moved to somewhere where it would be useful to more people though?

ea4dfed4.jpg

I just thought that this might help those who have bought pigments from people in Asia- to help prevent jumping to conclusions or seeding doubt as to authenticity, because the back of the jar is different to what is expected!

Perhaps all pigment jars from asia are like this? I don't have any older or non-LE pigments from over there to check or compare to, so maybe someone who does can confirm it
smiles.gif

Gemstone

Do any of the pigments from Asia ever have a letter-number code on the bottom rather than a color name? That is what one seller is trying to tell me.

Latest posts