What's a Good MSF Rec for a C6 Gal like Me?!?!

Perple1

Although I have been collecting MAC for years, I have never *ducks to avoid the stones* purchased an MSF. I just always thought they'd make me look like i was sweating or as if I were trying to imitate a Grammy statue...ugh..
I'm a true C6 SF wearer and would love to add some "glow" to my look. I have Golden Bronze loose powder and have resolved to using it on my body because it is NOT flattering on my face...MAYBE when applied with my 187...but...meh...
Please guide me to the MSF light! TIA
wavey.gif

gingerbelle

Welcome to MSF-lover land
wavey.gif

I'm C5/C6 and I have Metal Rock, Shooting Star, Glissade and Global Glow. Of these, my favs are Metal Rock as a blush/bronzer and Global Glow as a highlight. Many people think GG is identical to Shooting Star, but on me, SS has a slightly ruddy/orangey base with silver shimer, while GG is more of a true bronze with peachy/gold shimmer. I suspect it's one of those things where the undertones show up more on darker skin. MR is a chocolate brown with copper undertones and even on darker skin can look muddy if not applied carefully. When you get the hang of it though, it's really lovely as a contouring bronzer. These two also double as eyeshadows and are lovely when applied dry or wet/with mixing medium.

I rarely use Glissade because I find it to be a really light peach that barely shows up on its own. It's really nice on top of a dark peach/bronze blush as a highlight though. If you want that look, I'd suggest Northern Lights instead as there's more color payoff. I didn't like Gold Spill as it just looked like a white gold shimmer on me. I bought Petticoat when it came out, but returned it because with my coloring (veeeery warm, no pink undertones AT ALL), I prefer more bronzey colors and Petticoat looked a little too cool on me.

If repromoted, or if I stumbled over one for a reasonable price, I'd get Stereo Rose, Gold Deposit and So Ceylon.

HTH!

Perple1

Thanx Gingerbelle! That was soooo helpful! I can't wait to truly enter MSF land! :) You've provided me with GREAT info!

aziajs

I used to wear C6 in Studio Fix (I have since moved on to different foundations). I like Metal Rock, Gold Deposit, So Ceylon, Naked You, Porcelain Pink (I HATED it at first) and Gold Spill. Here's my breakdown:

Metal Rock - gorgeous warm chocolate brown
Gold Deposit - warm gilded gold
So Ceylon - most unique of the bunch; pinkish brownish beauty
Naked You - Gorrrrgeous champagne (a lil sparkley though)
Porcelain Pink - Soft cotton candy pink
Gold Spill - golden peach

Perple1

Thanx Aziajs...I hear you on the C6 SF...I recently came back to it after wearing for years...so it's kinda 'new' again. I have worn Jane Iredale in Autumn (really like it). It's expensive tho.
What did you 'move on to from C6?' ~ I need something with medium coverage. Just curious! TIA!

aziajs

I have tried quite a few things.

NW40 Studio Fix Fluid
NC45 Select SPF 15
NC45 Studio Stick (Just tried)
Teeter-Totter Benefit Play Stick
Warm Tan BE Mineral Foundation

MACaholic76

I'm also a C6/NC45 and if you can get your hands on So Ceylon, do so ASAP!
I hope MAC comes to its senses and relaunches this one. Its the best on darker skintones!

MACaholic76

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I have tried quite a few things.

NW40 Studio Fix Fluid
NC45 Select SPF 15
NC45 Studio Stick (Just tried)
Teeter-Totter Benefit Play Stick
Warm Tan BE Mineral Foundation

Ahh, this is quite interestin, how you use NW40 in SFF. I have issues wearing the NC45...it washes me out completely, looks like I'm wearing a mask unless I sheer the crap out of it. I thought the NW40 was too peachy but I might have to give it a try.
How do you like the Benefit's Play Stick???

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACaholic76
Ahh, this is quite interestin, how you use NW40 in SFF. I have issues wearing the NC45...it washes me out completely, looks like I'm wearing a mask unless I sheer the crap out of it. I thought the NW40 was too peachy but I might have to give it a try.
How do you like the Benefit's Play Stick???

Well, here is the thing. I really don't like the NC formulation on my skin. It always seems to oxidize and become orange. However, whenever I go to the counter 4 out of 5 MAs match me with a NC.
th_remoteImage-61.gif
In the summer, when I am tan, the match isn't so bad but once the tan fades it's horrible and NW is best.

The Benefit playstick is going back to the store tomorrow. It's making my skin oilier, I'm breaking out and it fades after a couple of hours. When I used That Gal primer underneath it the foundation looked beautiful and lasted all day. It also didn't make me oily...but I broke out.

Perple1

Aziajs - same thing with the NC push at the counter...that thing made me so red/orange! ARGH! When the weather cools down (and the tan fades) my C6 will be just right. I have to say that I have never tried NW (only in concealer NW35). Oh the trials and tribulations of the perfect foundation, aka HG! Onward ladies! Many thanx!