whats the best contouring brush..

adela88

hey there! im a pale f*cker really...most mornings i look in the mirror and wonder if im ill; dont get me wrong, in winter i like my skin tone
but the summers comming up, and armed with my bikini and a bronzer
im wondering whats the best contouring brush? :p i used to have the mac se one but everytime i used it ,i just couldnt get it right and it looked a mess

thinking of buying the full sized 168 , but recently NARS had brought out Kabuki artisan brushes which come in really interesting shapes
can anyone help me out here? would be greatly appriciated
yes.gif

user79

The 168 is good but it grabs a lot of product, so it's hard to apply something sheerly, especially with highly pigmented blushes.

Actually, for contouring my cheeks I just use a blush brush that is more flat on the sides instead of being puffy, and then I use the side of the brush instead of using the top of the bristles to apply. I don't use an actual contouring blush brush but I find that works better for me personally. I hope that makes sense!

Right now I am actually using a really cheap one from Coastal Scents!

x.DOLLYMiX.x

I have the 168 and I think its great for contouring. I use the 168 and then I use the 187 with blusher to buff it out
greengrin.gif

elektra513

I just bought the Nars Ita brush this weekend, and it makes contouring super simple. It's the flat rectangular-ish brush (similar to a tiny painter's brush) and I find it's just what I need for my cheeks. I wanted a 168, but I'll wait for now (I have a thing for the white goat hair brushes, hehe) since this is perfect.

HTH

Stephie Baby

I really like the 169 brush. Its just like the 168, but it doesn't grab as much product at once. I can't use kabuki brushes at all. They seem to pick up way to much product for me. I'm also fair like you and I use the 169 for contouring and highlighting my face. It makes a world of difference once you get the hang of it. I don't look so washed out and sickly now. Lol.

sofabean

i'd recommend the 168 because it's angled which is perfect for contouring because it'll shape the angles of your face. the 169 picks up more pigment that the 168 so if you want a more dramatic contouring look, get that one. otherwise the 168 works great too.

jilliandanica

I have the 168, 162 and a NARS Ita.

I purchased the Novel Twist PRO brush set last year and it came with a 168SE. I loved it so much that I shelled out the cash for the full size. However, the full size was way fluffier and fuller than I thought it would be so it didn't get into my hallows as well. SOOO I ended up getting a 162 for more precisions. The 162 really gets in there and places pigment well, but you would definitely still need a 168 or similar to blend out the harsh lines. So anyway...I was perusing the NARS counter and picked up the Ita brush. The MA showed me how to apply both blush and contour shades with it and I have never been happier! It's compact enough for travel and the results are great. If you have ever owned a Benefit boxed blush like Hoola or Dallas or whatever...the brush is similar to the one that comes with those. HTH.

Sanayhs

I'm a MAC 162 lover. Yes, the initial application is a line, but that means you can put it exactly where you want it. You can in fact use the same brush to blend it out, too - I know I do.

newagetomatoz

I actually you a large paddle eyeshadow brush from Sonia Kashuk for contouring. It is perfect for smaller areas, like the nose and temples, but is also great with precision on the cheekbones and helping you not overdo it. HTHS!

Latest posts