What's the best out there?

BrokefromMAC

Hi everyone! I am going to purchase a primer that I can wear under my foundation that will cover my large pores, and smooth out my skin to make the foundation go on better and last longer. I have combo/oily on the Tzone area/acne prone skin, and would love to know what you all think is the best primer out there?
greengrin.gif
Thanks everyone!

RoseyPosey

i realy like smashbox. but the "light" one. it isnt clear, it looks like alotion and it is MUCHHHH less oily feeling. I love it and think it worked wayy better then the regular smashbox. i get very oily in my t-zone and this is the ONLY one that helped, but i ran out so i just use the monistat chafing gel right now.

aimee

i have oily skin and use the MACs Matte its in a clear tube
the make up goes on evenly and it didnt break me out...it doesnt really control oil for me though i have very oily skin

I heard good things about the smashbox one but i never tried it
HTH

MzzRach

Out of everything I have tried - the product that works the best for me as a primer is Shiseido's Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion SPF 55 - it dries to a matte finish and I dust powder on top of this. Works really well for my combo/oily skin.

spoiledkiwi

Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel, it works just as well as the more expensive primers. It has a ton of good reviews on Makeupallay too (that's where I found out about it).

BrokefromMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpucu
Hi
Have you tried Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfection - it's like miracle lol - the pores are getting so small when you apply this .Here is link if you want to see it :
Sephora: Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector: Shine Control/Blotting Papers

It's funny cause that is the one I have wanted to try. I know that I will need this for my t zone for sure, I heard it works pretty good
greengrin.gif
. I was wondering if there was one better, but it looks cool to me. Maybe I can use the Clinique for my tzone and Smashox for the rest of my face to smooth the foundation on. I'm trying to save money though, I will see lol
greengrin.gif
.Thanks for writing everyone!

xpucu

^^^
I have Smashbox too and i'm using it,but also i'm using the Pore minimizer like you said -on the T-zone and my nose.I really like this product-works really great-or at least for me lol.Every product is different for everyone.

Repunzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpucu
^^^
I have Smashbox too and i'm using it,but also i'm using the Pore minimizer like you said -on the T-zone and my nose.I really like this product-works really great-or at least for me lol.Every product is different for everyone.

i have it and i put under my mac primer,and when i first put it on it looks good but then when i'm finished with foudation powder etc,i think its rubbed off.i tryed it over mac primer and same thing.
ssad.gif
when do u guys apply it?

cetati

For oily/acne prone skin, Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer. I use it daily and can't live without it! It has fabulous oil control too.

I also use the Clinique Pore Minimizer and I wear it over foundation and under powder but it has to be patted on lightly or it starts to look really flaky.