What's the best quick-change brush cleaner out there?

Pink Xenomorph

Quite obviously, I have a question.

When I'm working with makeup I'm something of a color purist. I think I carry that habit over from my artwork (watercolor, gouache and acrylic painting). Usually I'll just scrub my brush out onto a roll of paper towels until the pigment's 'gone' but if I'm doing very meticulous coloration or color charting or something of that nature I'll use a quick-change brush cleaner. More specifically, Smashbox's brush cleaner.

The problem I have is that I have to use a whole huge fucking amount of cleaner to get the brush clean. Hell, I'm down to three-fourths of a bottle that I bought not too long ago! It's both annoying and frustrating, not to mention expensive as hell. I haven't tried any others simply because (at the time) I was happy with the Smashbox stuff. I was just starting to get into makeup artistry and therefore knew nothing about anything. Hell, I still don't know a lot about anything but nevermind all that. damn my habit to ramble.

So! my question is this: What's the best, most effective quick-change brush cleaner that you've ever used? I'd love something that'll bitch-slap color and pigment out of a brush without taking half the goddamn bottle.

Thank you in advance to anyone who replies. I appreciate it greatly.

thelilprincess

hi,

there's a recent discussion on this here http://specktra.net/showthread.php?t=73446
smiles.gif