Whats the difference? "Matte 2"

ticklemethu

Hello all,
I just bought a pro pan of INDIAN INK eyeshadow. On the front of the packaging it says "MATTE 2 EYE SHADOW" INSTEAD OF JUST EYESHADOW LIKE THE OTHER ONES.

Can someone please englighten me?

And also while I'm here..I noticed that the sticker on the bottom of these magnet pans..why do some of them just say the name of the shade and none of the other words like " makeup art cosmetics toronto-london-made in italy"..and also the recyling sign isnt on the Indian Ink..

Sorry if this is confusing! lol
th_wink3.gif

(no, they aren't fake..didnt get them off ebay or anything. fresh from South Coast Plaza's MAC pro store.)
yes.gif

chellyx

matte 2 is just a differnent finish. its kinda new, its a matte shaddow, but smoother (?) than mac's traditional matte shaddows. i dont really know how to explain the difference. your other shaddows should have the finish listed as well (satin, velux pearl, etc) unless their pro colors. If im not mistaken pro shaddows do not list the finish. HTH

wifey806

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticklemethu
(no, they aren't fake..didnt get them off ebay or anything. fresh from South Coast Plaza's MAC pro store.)
yes.gif

hey, I go to SCP's Mac Pro all the time! We're so lucky to have one so close! btw, I also got my indian ink from there, and I can't tell the difference with the matte2s. Although a mua there told me that they tend to flake off a little more. I probably can't tell cuz i'm not a "pack the color on" type of gal
th_wink3.gif

gigglegirl

I love and much prefer matte2 finishes as while being matte, I find them to be much easier to grab, apply and blend, just on the whole a better texture, less "chalkiness".

I have Indian Ink as well but mine's just plain ol' matte, not matte2.

erine1881

matte2 have the same matte finish as the regular mattes, but they are smoother and creamier upon application. they are also crease-proof, while all the other textures don't claim to be.

pro colors only have the name, no other information.

bbyxkt

ahh i love the matte 2 finish. it goes on your lids more smoothly than the regular matte, and maybe it's just my own imagination but it just SEEMS more pigmented

BunnyBunnyBunny

I believe they are milled more times than the other matte formulas as well. Triple milled perhaps? I cannot remember exactly, but this provides the creamier feel and application. They are also richer in pigmentation, and the actual texture can definitely be felt when you touch them side by side. The regular mattes feel much grittier and harder.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
I believe they are milled more times than the other matte formulas as well. Triple milled perhaps? I cannot remember exactly, but this provides the creamier feel and application. They are also richer in pigmentation, and the actual texture can definitely be felt when you touch them side by side. The regular mattes feel much grittier and harder.

matte2 are jet-milled just like veluxe and veluxe pearl, but i don't think there is a specific number of times. the pkm only says "jet-milled". i can't find anywhere that it says how many times.

melliquor

I wasn't a big fan of the Matte 2 shadows when they came out... but I have been converted. I started using Signed, Sealed and that is the PERFECT crease colour for me. They blend so easy and effortlessly. I plan on picking up a few more next month.

wifey806

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
if you check out the pro site, at least it does list things like indian ink, deep damson, etc that were released as pro-only colours just before matte2, are all matte. *shrug* but of course as I have the pan it doesn't say. its matte at any rate.
MAC PRO | Eye Shadow/Pro Palette Refill Pan

Hi! just to clarify... is my Indian Ink just regular matte? Is that why I don't see a difference?? I have a pan if that means anything
th_confused_new.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey806
Hi! just to clarify... is my Indian Ink just regular matte? Is that why I don't see a difference?? I have a pan if that means anything
th_confused_new.gif

yes, indian ink is a matte, pan or pot. here are the finishes of the newest pro shadows for those that don't go on the pro site.

bright sunshine (F) if you like canary yellow but want shimmer, BUY THIS ONE!!!
bio-green (F)
atlantic blue (M)
sour lemon (S)
kelly (S)
vibrant grape (S)
bottle green (M)
naval (M)
indian ink (M)
soot (M)
ground brown (M)
blue calm (VP)
deep damson (M)

wifey806

Oooohhh erine1881... wow, I never realized Indian Ink was regular matte! No WONDER I couldn't tell the difference! lol. I just played with my newly minted and poste haste and DO see a difference.
*The mua recommended Shadowy Lady (I wanted Signed, Sealed) because he said the latter would flake. I'm assuming with the proper primer, it would have been okay... <dangit!!>

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey806
Oooohhh erine1881... wow, I never realized Indian Ink was regular matte! No WONDER I couldn't tell the difference! lol. I just played with my newly minted and poste haste and DO see a difference.
*The mua recommended Shadowy Lady (I wanted Signed, Sealed) because he said the latter would flake. I'm assuming with the proper primer, it would have been okay... <dangit!!>

ive never had sighned, sealed flake. weird. i have it and shadowy lady, and i grab SL more often, just cause ive had it way longer. im not used to having SS lol.