Whats this brush for?

xShoegal

What is this brush for?
5oz8uh.jpg

Kiss and Makeup

I use that one when I have fall out under my eyes (pigments, darker eyeshadows, and glitter eyeshadows mostly). It applies enough pressure to brush it off, but it doesn't smear it all over my face. I don't use it all that often, but when I need it, I'm glad I have it. Because of the way the bristles are, the brush doesn't let you apply a lot of pressure.

I haven't tried this, since I just thought of it
winks.gif
It might be good for highlighting cheekbones with highligher dust/pigment, or anything that needs to be applied with the lightest touch.

*KT*

I have a Loew-Cornell fan brush from Michael's that I use for the same purposes. Since it doesn't get a lot of use, the cheap art one works fine.

sharkbytes

Those type of fan brushes are great for cheek color. They give more control than a 187 brush and so you get a nice distribution of cheek highlight or blush. Not for contour colors though
smiles.gif

Kiss and Makeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KT*
I have a Loew-Cornell fan brush from Michael's that I use for the same purposes. Since it doesn't get a lot of use, the cheap art one works fine.

Haha, exactly! I think I've used mine maybe 4 times, and the only reason I have a high end name on it (Sephora) is because it came in a kit.

enjoybeingagirl

In addition to the other suggestions you can use a smaller version of that brush to apply mascara. You can also use it to apply facial masks
smiles.gif

Dreamergirl3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbytes
Those type of fan brushes are great for cheek color. They give more control than a 187 brush and so you get a nice distribution of cheek highlight or blush. Not for contour colors though
smiles.gif

Totally agree! I love it for applying highlight colors

emeraldjewels

These brushes are pretty useless to me, I have never used mine. I think there are brushes that do the job better than this one.

Latest posts