What's Your Fave Red lipstick for WOC?

DaniCakes

Went in to MAC to purchase Ruby Woo and the MUA convinced me to buy Utter Fun for the summer. Looks pink but comes off red on my lips. I'll have to try it over some concealer. I'm still going to get Ruby Woo.

DJ_Roxas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniCakes
Looking for a good red lipstick preferably matte. Any suggestions. I'm a C7 is Mac Studiofix Powder and a 173 in MUFE HD Foundation.

I'm not the biggest fan of lipstick colors like plums and pinks because they look weird on me, but I do adore Nudes/Browns/Reds. But my favorites are these:

Maybelline's Color Sensational lip stick in these shades (look below):
635 Very Cherry
645 Red Revival
625 Are You Red-dy

For MAC I would say Russian Red.
Max Factor Vivid Impact Lipstick in Ms.Right. (I might be wrong if this lipstick isn't called that anymore.)

I have mixed feeling for the orange-reds because on camera they're really not that pretty on a 6 MP or below digital camera. But when there on a high MP camera like 8 MP and up they come out really nice in my opinion.
winks.gif

ruby woo!!! i have mac red also but ruby woo looks better on me. i was scared of red lips. i picked the mac red but mac mua said with my coloring, ruby woo would be a hit and she was right. she said i just wasn't used to seeing red on my lips.

i apply lip balm first. then after i put the rest of my makeup on, i blot the lip balm, line lips and use ruby woo. since it's a matte color, your lips have to be moisturized or any little bit of dryness/cracks shows.
smiles.gif

Kragey

Ruby Woo is great, but it tends to be a bit drying IMO. I love Dubonnet on all skin tones and shades!

antigone21

My favorite red lipstick of all times is a cheap, long lasting well pigmented matte true red. It's Revlon matte in Really Red. I can't recommend this one enough! I don't have pictures of myself wearing it but for 8$ you really should give it a go and there are plenty of blogs with pictures if you google it. It isn't drying at all and easy to apply straight from the tube. You can also make it appear darker if you fill in your lips with a dark lip liner, so it's very versatile.

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
Nars Scarlett Empress

The best red ever!

I also like MAC's LE's Burnin' and So Scarlet. Not as Blue-Red as Scarlet Empress, but still amazing! Check your CCO for those if you can. That is where I got mine.

MAC red is a good one too. I have to work with that one more though. I usually use Current or Nightmoth liners with it. Clear Lip Glass on top.

Senoj

Ruby Woo is good, it's a matte. If you think it comes on too strong or bright you can use currant lip liner (which is a berry color) and it will tone down the red. I use a little of clear glass over Ruby Woo because it's matte and very dry on my lips.

back2past

for a great daytime red i really love revlon's matte lipstick in strawberry suede. i also like really red from revlon's matte line, but strawberry suede=love.
th_wink3.gif

thiscarmen

MAC Russian Red is so gorgeous.

The Revlon Matte lipstick in Really Red is also a really good drugstore red lipstick as well.

I'm NC35

m_3

My favorite red is NYX Black Label Lipstick in cherry. I honestly don't care for any of the red MAC lipstick.

sheaspearl83

Stila's Ponytail from the Barbie can and it's on sale at Sephora for $8 (includes liquid eyeliner, and palette of 2 e/s and a blush

Cocosmith

I LUV me some Ruby Woooo. I line it with Vino l/l and add Venetian lipgloss. It gives u that Oh Wee look.