what's your nightly hair routine? do you have one?

chazza

I was wondering if I should start a nightly hair routine to either condition or treat my perm-damaged hair, or to style it in preparation for the next day. (like for instance, how stephie does hers here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opdvPNh5e1o) Do any of you guys have your own night hair routines that you do? Please share!

CantAffordMAC

I personally don't do a nightly hair routine.

i've known of some people who use a deep conditioner, then put a shower cap over their hair, and leave it like that while they sleep. then rinse it in the morning. I've never done this though, and overconditioning may cause hair breakage

user79

I don't think overconditioning can BREAK hair, but it can leave build-up and make it more oily or greasy.

I don't have a night routine, but I do have a post-washing routine. I use a thick conditioner and gently comb the hair with it while showering, then wash it out. Afterwards I apply a smoothing balm to the ends of my towel dried hair and comb that through, and sometimes a squirt or 2 of serum.

kimmy

i wash my hair every other day and use pantene pro-v products. i like using their full & thick shampoo and ice shine conditioner. i use garnier fructis' leave-in conditioner every time i wash my hair, and usually blow dry/straighten it after that if i'm going to wear it down the next day. and once a week i use their nourishing cream (which is amazing.)
smiles.gif