What's Your Red???

VampyCouture

I never wore red. I try them out at counters but nothing really made me want to buy them. My first high end red is Charmed I'm Sure and it's because I wanted a MM collection lipstick and I only wore it with a Halloween costume (Snow White) once. But then I got MAC Ronnie Red from the AG collection.
holysheep.gif
I freakin fell in love with reds. RR is my HG lipstick. It's not like the usual red based blue. It's pinky-red but still blue based AND it's a gorgeous comfortable modern matte. I made sure I got backups to last until they hopefully repromote it.
LOL bluelitzer, I was catching up on the AG thread (moves way too fast!) and I saw you raving about it there then I come here. How many backups did you get? Luckily, my HGs are Mac permanent like RW or from other brands' permanent lines.

The one red I wish I had a bu of is Deeply Adored. I love it, but I don't back up many lipsticks (except Hot Chocolate!). Crossing my fingers for the next Marilyn collection though!

bluelitzer

LOL bluelitzer, I was catching up on the AG thread (moves way too fast!) and I saw you raving about it there then I come here. How many backups did you get? Luckily, my HGs are Mac permanent like RW or from other brands' permanent lines.

The one red I wish I had a bu of is Deeply Adored. I love it, but I don't back up many lipsticks (except Hot Chocolate!). Crossing my fingers for the next Marilyn collection though!
girlhaha.gif
5. :D

carmiebell

My favorite reds are always combinations, aka lipliner with lipstick. Not only is red lipstick pretty much impossible without lipliner, but a liner can change the color of the lipstick completely. Some of my favorite combos: Cherry lipliner, MAC Red lipstick (bright, clean red lip) / Half-Red lipliner, Viva Glam IV lipstick (darker, berry red combo) / Kiss Me Quick Prolongwear liner with Russian Red (matte, intense red)

mimip63

ruby woo (of course)
beeauutiquue lip crayon in mustang
nars velvet matte lip pencil in damned

sorry for the spelling , my keyboard is acting up!

ma146rina

i love Scarlett Ibis,especially with a tan it looks amazing.and i also like Love Godess.i haven't worn Charmed i'm Sure yet,i'm a red newbie and i'm a bit scared.i'm working on it
blush-anim-cl.gif

MACerette

i love Scarlett Ibis,especially with a tan it looks amazing.and i also like Love Godess.i haven't worn Charmed i'm Sure yet,i'm a red newbie and i'm a bit scared.i'm working on it
blush-anim-cl.gif
Don't be scared. Most likely if people are looking at you it is because your red lips look gorgeous.

SistaPlease

I LOVE me some reds! Lately I have been into NARS Matte Lip Pencils in Cruella and Dragon Girl. Ive been rockin Cruella during the winter and feel like Dragon Girl is going to be my spring/summer red.... and then of course my all time favorite... Lady Danger!

kpxgenie

I LOOOVVEED Mac's Red Pepper! It was perfect for my asian, nc25 yellow undertoned skin, but it's been discontinued!!! A lot of reds look strange on me, or it ends up looking pinkish-red or mauvy-red or burgundy-red, etc. I couldn't find a true red on my face til Red Pepper. What do I do that it's gone?!?
thmbdn.gif
I've tried Diva, Chili, and a few others with no success. Just does not look right.

I'm looking at trying red-oranges to see if maybe those will be a good match for my yellowy skin. Any asians or yellow-toned gals try So Chaud? I'm wanting to try it, but afraid it'll look too orange or not red-enough.