When are LE collections 'retired'?

amber_j

I was just wondering, given that so many new LE collections are coming out over the next few months, when will the older ones be removed from store and counter displays?

For example, if Naughty Nauticals is coming out the week after next, does that mean Fafi products will be removed from displays this week? I figure they'll still be available to buy if they're in stock, but they just won't be visible.

I'm asking because I've been trying to phase my MAC purchases and stick to my budget. My plan was to buy Fafi stuff next week, maybe a couple of Heatherette items the week after with some Euristocrats lippies, and then NN in mid-May, followed by Neo Sci-Fi in June sometime. Waiting this long also means I tend to buy less...
tong.gif

TIA!

browneyedbaby

Sometimes you'll see that new collection out at the same time as the the that came before it. Usually doesn't stay that way for long though. And I've never seem more than 2 collections on display at once.

If you can't see what you are looking for though... There's often a glass type container in the middle of the racks containing various leftover LE and disc' sample items for things that they still have stock of, so it's worth looking out for that!

amber_j

Ah, the mystical glass container... lol I need to pay more attention when I'm in the store!

Thanks!

Susanne

That's what I asked my MA.
Limited collections are available for two months at a counter (if they aren't sold out before). After two months they have to send back the rest of the LE products to MAC.

Nemo

I hope this helps. I was just asked last week by the manager of my free standing MAC store if I would like to attend an event at the end of May. What they are doing is holding an event where they are putting out all the stock they have left of the LE lines they have put out over the last year, kinda like a spring cleaning. I was confused when she asked me that, because I always thought when the LE was replaced with the lastest LE I thought it was gone forever. But according to the manager they do keep the rest of the stock in the back, so you can go back to the store months later and ask for something that came out 6 months ago, and as long as it didn't sell out they will still have it. I am not sure if this kind of event is wide spread, because she is a new manager and she may just be trying to clean up the store. But whatever it is I am sure as heck going!!! I love MAC events!!!

amber_j

^^^I can only dream of a MAC event like that!

Thank you all for your advice. Looks like I need to make a trip to a few MAC stores with my wishlist...

UrbanEve

Today an MA was recommending one of the N lipsticks to a customer, which came out Jan-Feb. Plus I have once seen the leftover LE lipsticks grouped together next to the l/s stand. So I'm pretty sure they don't send them back, but try to sell them. At least it seems to be the custom here.

Is there Heatherette stuff available in London still anyways? Judging from the comments and the MAC website, I had the impression it sold out immediately. Unfortuntely it's not showing up on ebay much. So I guess I will completely miss out, since it wasn't launched in Hungary
ssad.gif

*~vicki~*

At my local MAC counter (selfridges Birmingham) the heatherette display got taken down on thursday (1st may) when the NN collection came out. However, behind the counter there are still some fafi things, and i'm assuming any leftover heatherette will be put there too, although i dont think there was a whole lot left.

HTH
x x

Jello89

At my Mac counter, they have dazzleglass, heatherette,skinsheen and Naughty Nauticals on display. They took down Fafi though. So I guess they take down the oldest. I mean Heatherette hasnt been out that long.

amber_j

^^^ I'm hoping to go to the CCO in Portsmouth next month (hopefully there'll be some Heatherette there by then).

I haven't been able to see any 'old' LE products behind counters or in galss jars in the stores I went to over the weekend, but I did ask for some N Collection lipglasses in the Covent Garden store (they didn't have any lip products left, but did have some other stuff).

Thanks again for all your comments and advice!

tigerli17

amber_j lemme know whatcha find in Portsmouth, I'm just itching to make another trip down there myself but not if its still what was there last time (still the holiday stuff). God I'm so bad...should be saving for download festival!
tong.gif