When Blush and Bronzer Collide

malvales

Do you wear bronzer and blush at the same time or is it one or the other?
I normally use either blush or bronzer because I am worried if one color will affect the other (in a bad way) and change the overall tone.
Should I use same tone color for blush and bronzer?
Please share me your tips an experience!

User38

I use bronzer around the outer areas of the face only... I always use blush (usually a pink shade) on the cheeks... otherwise I can look too dark bronzey for my skin tone.

I would also use a pinky peach tone on the cheek and a bronzer in the contour area and around the face such as forehead, nose and chin.

hope this helps.

laulovesbilly

I use bronzer and blush together. I use coral/mauveish blushes and I use bronzer all over my face, making sure to go lightly over where my blush is placed. I feel like it gives a nice glow and sets my blush nicely. I think doing this greatly depends on one's skin tone though.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I wear them together. If it's a matte/semi-matte bronzer I wear it all over the face. If it's shimmery I wear it only on the high planes of the face. And I wear my blush as I normally would, regardless of the bronzer. I don't feel that they clash.

MzzRach

I wear bronzer and blush together nearly every day.

I use a light application of bronzer around the perimeter of my face and as a very subtle contour. I then apply my blush du jour on the apples of my cheeks.

This gives me a healthy, glowing look. Love it!

InspiredBlue

I wear both as well. Since they go on different areas of the face, I don't feel like they collide.
smiles.gif
Blush on the apples of my cheeks and up and out, bronzer where the sun would hit and for contouring.

I wear both everyday,all the time!Well on days I`m wearing makeup that is which is usually 6 days a week if not 7.I think it looks good at least lol Oh and I normally wear a stila bronzer or benefits hoola with a peach or coral blush eg.Mac melba or benefits coralista
smiles.gif

Temptasia

I love the effect of blush and bronzer blended well. For a contoured and glowy effect, both are a must!

If you want a product that does both, Cargo has a great product called BeachBlush

loriblu

Sometimes I wear bronzer alone usually for day, and for night time I first put bronzer on cheeks, nose and forehead and then pink or orange blush on cheeks
smiles.gif

laulovesbilly

Lol..I always do mine the reverse. I put my blush on first, then my bronzer. Then again I'm brown skinned so this may have something to do with that. I like the slight glow it gives my blush. Also it depends, are using your bronzer to contour, as in just placing it on your forehead, chin, nose? Or do you sweep it lightly all over your face (which is what I do)? Whatever works for you, try it out and experiment until you get the right look.

iadorepretty

i wear bronzer & blush every single day. i only wear bronzer around the perimeter of my face and down my nose and blush on the apples of my cheeks up and outward.

i always apply my bronzer first

stv578

Depends on the blush i wanna use, since I have lot of bronze-y blushes available. But many days I will use a bronzer more along the contour of my cheeks and add a pop of pink on the apples and blend it really well. I also find that some of the more cotton candy pinks look gorgeous over bronzer, a concept introduced to me by a MAC artist years ago.

tacobelle88

I use both. Usually tho i use a matte bronzer for contouring my cheeks for a gaunt look and then my blush on the apple of my cheeks. During summer tho I tend to use a shimmery bronzer all over my face for that sunkissed look and highlighter as well. I find that peachy pink colours work well.

HTH