When do you need to start your anti-aging skincare?

VivaGlow

Is there any particular age where you REALLY need to start thinking about keeping your skin young or do you just start as the wrinkles and lines come?

shellygrrl

Staff member
I don't think you need to start thinking about it until your late twenties or early thirties. (I think I was about 33 when I started using rosehip oil in my routine.)

VivaGlow

I agree. Some people suggest starting as soon as you hit 25 or so. But I guess you can't fix something that ain't broken. Have you tried others aside from rosehip oil?

shellygrrl

Staff member
Retinol (ones from The Ordinary — more recently, the Granactive 1% in Squalane) and now bakuchiol. I wanted to go back to something gentler at night. (I still use rosehip oil during the day.)

VivaGlow

Sure, there is no particular age. It depends on your skin type and everything can be very individual. Anyway, as you know, prevention is better than cure. This means that you can start caring about your skin while it is still smooth and start first rejuvenation procedures as soon as you see the first wrinkles. Fortunately, there are various treatments from Botox to dermal fillers, so that you will be able to find the one most suitable for you.

You're right. For the people who still haven't seen any signs yet, it's better to wing the anti-aging skincare routine as early as possible. For those looking to erase or at least fade what's already there, treatments are there, but oh boy, why did they have to be so expensive? lol

Latest posts