• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

When GRAPEs collide they see STARS N' ROCKETS! (Tutorial!)

hr44

Heeeyyy Lovlies... so I'm giving this TUT thing a try fromthis FOTD. This is my first. Hopefully I did okay on it and it works out for you guys. I did have fun doing it although it is pretty time consuming!

Products used:
Eyes:
UDPP
Fushia Perfect CCB
Cloud Burst (Heatherette Trio 1)
Stars N’ Rockets e/s
Llama e/s
Grape pigment
Ardell Wispies
Ground Brown e/s

Face:
NC40 Studio Fix
NC 42 Studo Finish
MSF Medium Plus
NC 20 concealer
Love Joy Blush (Sonic Chic)

Lips:
Pink Air/White Top Lustre Twin

Brushes:
¾ Loew Cornell Maxine’s Mop Brush
#138 Tapered Face Brush
#187 Duo Fibre Brush
#219 Pencil Brush
#217 Blending Brush
#224 Tapered Blending Brush
#239 Eye Shading Brush
#252 Large Shader Brush
#266 Small Angle Brush
12b06f89.jpg

Please Note: Throughout the tutorial I will be mentioning the brushes by number so if you need to know what type of brush it is.. just look back up at the brush list to see which TYPE of brush is being used so you can substitute with similar brushes. =)

KAY on to business!

Step 1: Start with a fresh clean and moisturized face!
aaa571b1.jpg

Step 2: Apply Urban Decay Primer Potion to entire lid like so. I just spread it with my CLEAN finger.
af7d6f65.jpg
94f960a1.jpg

Step 3: Then take #252, apply Fushia Passion onto brush. Apply the CCB to ¾ of the lid all the way to the crease. (Include the crease)
b11512cf.jpg

adc8d3f7.jpg
e503cda5.jpg

Step 4: Take the mop brush to Stars ‘N Rockets. Apply it over Fushia Passion BUT leave a tiny bit of Fushia Passion untouched by the e/s. (It will help with the blending of the two shades)
0790b4ef.jpg

d546bbf3.jpg
d889ddc9.jpg

Step 5: Take some Grape pigment with #239, like so.
94d34470.jpg
e7b7b236.jpg

Step 6: Apply (by packing only!) to the corners. Yea, it looks like a dark splotch but that is the whole idea. Don’t worry about going out of your desired shape (we’ll fix that later) But pat the color to the corners.
64213b2c.jpg

It should look funky like this!
04bbe098.jpg

Step 7: Noooo I’m not going to blend just yet! Take your highlight (my case llama e/s) and pack it on your brow bone. I say pack because it’s going to help with the blending and won’t be so strong the higher up you go.
73e21742.jpg

The result should look something like this.
d9c47f96.jpg

Step 8:
NOW for the blending part. Take #217 and start blending inwards and into the crease. Take it as far as you would like.
998bc3b1.jpg

I took it ¾ of the way as of right now.

613b808c.jpg

Keep blending inward even though the Grape will lighten up.
49f6edd1.jpg

Don’t worry. Just blend till you like it. See… I’m happy with the blending here…

982338d3.jpg

Step 9:
You lost some of the intensity of the Grape color once you started to blend it inward.
Take #217 and SOFTLY dip it in the Grape pig….
4e3d603a.jpg

…and apply it from the outer corner and move inward. Go in circular motions in the outer V to darken it. Keep it intense near the crease area or to however you like. Get the Grape color to your liking. (I actually took the Grape over the entire crease this time but very softly on the inner corner portion)
I likey it like this!
3758db51.jpg

Step 10:
Alright.. time for the BLACK!!!! Take Cloud Burst with your pencil brush.
4522c197.jpg

Draw it into your crease but keep it below the Grape color. Take it in as far as you like. I took it all the way.
79bb2244.jpg

Remember start from the OUTSIDE and then IN.
You should have some like this.
4d5f035f.jpg

Step 11.
Okay… now is the part where you finalize your colors by using your blending brush. Blend the black into the grape to soften the line you drew.
d5a7034f.jpg

Here is the FINAL shadow look. BBBUUUTTT it IS messy in the outer corners. FIXING time!
618a9e97.jpg

Step 12:
Take a Q-tip that is damp with makeup remover.
f5f6db08.jpg

Swipe away any of the excess you don’t want and create the shape that you want. I take mine to meet the brow line. (If the makes sense).
dd82d8e5.jpg
0ef517b9.jpg

Step 13:
Line your waterline and upper lash line with Feline kohl.

3589ee1c.jpg

Notice how the upper kohl line isn’t so smooth… nooo worries:

f92f561e.jpg

Step 14:
Take the pencil brush and Smudge that line.
1106a4b8.jpg

The creaminess of the kohl allows for a great blended liner look.
1d425182.jpg

Step 15:
Take boot black liner and line the upper lash line again, keep it small. (This is optional… it just creates a more dramatic look)
fadd9b68.jpg

Step 16:
Take the pencil brush again and apply Cloud Burst over the Kohl.
This will keep the Kohl from smudging.
00ca567e.jpg

Step 17:
Ohhh noooooo… now to the dreadful dark circles!
25d3a8b0.jpg

Step 18:
Take NC 20 concealer (yep it’s SUPER LIGHT for me… that’s the whole point) and apply it using #224 brush.
4e35d753.jpg

Looks like this.
2167d8a2.jpg

Step 19:
Apply concealer. I love using #187 for a much softer application. I place the concealer on the foil because pick up is easier and it’s easier clean-up AND I don’t have to dot my face which I can’t stand doing.
1fda0e82.jpg

1c89c0df.jpg

Step 20:
Apply the powder. I placed MSF Medium plus under my eyes and then NC 42 all over!
6877747c.jpg

Step 21:
CLEAN up those BROWS from the excess powder/concealer.
8a8e17ca.jpg

e93bd0e0.jpg

Step 22:
Use #266 and apply Ground Brown e/s to the brows.
7bed8208.jpg
980354bf.jpg

Step 23:
Dip #266 in the grape pigment and apply to the lower lash line but only 3/4th of the way.
181b9b2f.jpg
1c7584ce.jpg

Step 24:
WOO HOO cheekie time! Dip #138 into Love Joy and sweep down (like pictured).
1e62f86e.jpg
22f1087d.jpg

Sweep till you get your desired amount.
1f4ecbfc.jpg

Step 25: Apply mascara. (Falsies are optional)
c3f72610.jpg

(Step: optional 26)
Apply dim lip erase.

6aab9c53.jpg

Then apply Baby Sparks and Sugarrimmed.

4f6a0500.jpg

REWIND<<<<<<

Real Step 26:
Apply Pink Air/White Top Lustre Twin.
b70e1100.jpg

AND VOILA!!! The LOOK is complete! BOMB DIGGITY!!!
7755f1b7.jpg

60c02b42.jpg

33a438d2.jpg

I hope I did okay… this being my first TUT and all. But THANKS for checking this out! Feedback is greatly appreciated.

MACLovin

Thanks for posting this, you did an awesome job for your first tut! I'm gonna try this look myself.
greengrin.gif

NicksWifey

Great first job on the tutorial! This is a gorgeous look, you wear it so well! This is the perfect look for going out to the club or out at night.
I can't wait to see more from you!!
smiles.gif