When the stupid clear dome thing pops out...!

vcanady

I hope I am posting this in the right place or that no one else has asked this [I couldn't find ne thing, but this website is huge]! I'm so frustrated right now! The other day I was using my Evening Aura e/s and the clear dome lid thing just popped right out. This is not the first or second time it has happened! They popped out of both my Engaging MES and my Warmed MSF. For a while I thought maybe I just pressed down too hard, but I really don't think that's the case. Has this happened to anyone, and if so , how do you fix it?? I had to superglue my Warmed MSF but stupid me did it upside down and it looks like crap with all the dried glue on the sides. Suggestions? Thanx so much!!! PICS:
2008_06032upload0017.jpg

2008_06032upload0018.jpg

2008_06032upload0019.jpg

2008_06032upload0020.jpg

foomph

Wow-that's never happened to me. I suggest writing to MAC's customer service and see what they say...otherwise just gluing it is fine...at least the product still work, right?

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrieann07
But I've learned to never use the dome to close the product

Agreed.

It's happened to me w/a couple of shadows. I just pressed the clear lids back in place and they never popped out again.

MAC_Whore

One or two of mine have popped out, as well. Just push them in until they make a slight click and you are good to go.

Stephie Baby

Thats weird. How do you store them? Do you stack stuff on top on top of them? That might have made them pop off. I always turn my eyeshadows on their side, so the weight isn't on the top.

gigglegirl

I have 3 msfs, 4 mes, and they've never popped out. its so weird you have so many doing that. how are they stored? I used to have mine stacked on each other about two high in my little sterlite plastic drawers, but now I have them sitting up (well the msfs) in an slim ice cube tray.

erine1881

just like jen said, once you hear the click, its back in. just be careful how you store it, and don't carry it in your purse, and when you travel with it, keep it separate so that other products don't bump up against it. do this with all your products whose lid has popped out.

and if you glue it in, use less glue so that it doesn't look funny. thats all you can do really.

TDoll

They should click right back into place. But from now on, close them from the front edge and don't press on the dome.

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
One or two of mine have popped out, as well. Just push them in until they make a slight click and you are good to go.

It happens w/my blush when I drop it. That's exactly what I did to fix it. There are grooves in the dome that match up in the lid.

bebs

yeah same here.. I've had them pop out a number of times, but after you pop them back.. no problems at all

vcanady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephie Baby
Thats weird. How do you store them? Do you stack stuff on top on top of them? That might have made them pop off. I always turn my eyeshadows on their side, so the weight isn't on the top.

I stack them on top of each other, but I don't have THAT many so there's never more then one on top of each.

vcanady

Quote:
Originally Posted by damsel
it happened to me once & i just popped it back into place...

I've tried it but kinda half-ass tried. When I get back to my house tomorrow I'll try to pop it back, I didn't even think you could pop it back I assumed they used some kind of special glue or something...I'm slow obviously! Thanks so much !

CoralBlast

it happened with my ccbs but i think it's due to the heat,i now keep them in the fridge, the clear top isn't glued so it pops when i travel with it (banging in my luggage, pressure and heat). i just pushed the top back in, don't worry it won't break .
yes.gif

FiestyFemme

I had that happen with a blush one time, but I just popped it back in. I was afraid I was going to break it, and that's about the time I heard it click into place.

LMD84

yup this has happened to me on many occassion because i used to chuck em in my make up bags. now i store all my shadows seperatley. and yes each time they popped right back in!

Latest posts