Where Are They Getting This Stuff From?

ms. kendra

So my husband came home yesterday and told me one of his co-workers is selling MAC!! You know I had to scoff at that, because I'm like "how is that possible?"

Sure enough he showed me pics that she had sent him and other emplyees of her "stock." I immeditely knew they'd be fakes, and looking at the pictures there were fake palletes, and the dreaded Hello Kitty stuff that we've seen countless times on Ebay and Craigslist.
She also had CHI and Babyliss styling tools.

My hubby already knows the deal, and told the lady that his wife wouldn't be interested unless the items are authentic, of which she swears they are.

I just want to know where they are getting these products from??
nonono.gif

Boasorte

who knows but tell ur husband to spread the word, that they are fake, I can't believe ppl actually buy into it

ms. kendra

He said that people have been buying the stuff, and that most of them either don't know it's fake, or do know and don't care.

I just can't fathom putting that stuff on my face/skin and not knowing where it came from and what the ingredients are!!

I'd just like to know where did she get boxes of this stuff from. It seems like there's a knock off wholeseller??

Eleentje

These things seem to be everywhere today, flooding through Chinese trading sites. I reckon there are various factories in China that make these knock-offs (and hence difference in quality and items), the same ones that make those 100 colour palettes on the side.

These things seem to have become the new tupperware :S

gildedangel

If someone knows that it is fake and buys it anyway, then it is their own fault. Do have your hubby spread the word though, I hate when people will just lie to get money.

Boasorte

Some know and still buy it?
Jeez buying fake cosmetics is not like buying a fake Prada bag, those things can harm you... WHy not just save up the couple of dollars and buy real MAC oh lord
I just feel bad for the innocent ones who are getting suckered into it, but then again common sense should tell u MAC and most other brands are not AVON and MARK- they don't have representatives.
WTF is this world coming to? SMH

chickatthegym

^I agree! It is so gross to imagine where this crap comes from or what is in it! There are sites like iOffer and Alibaba where overseas sellers flood them with "Wholesale MAC" and some moron thinks it is real and buys a whole lot of it... then they break it up start selling it and swear it is real beacuse they believed the person who sold it to them... and so on and so forth.

I just think it's pretty pathetic MAC doesn't cut down on it. Seriously, it is NOT hard to tell instantly which eBay items are fake. I report dozens everyday and it does no good! I swear, if a few of us were hired by VERO, we could have the fakes on eBay cleaned up in no time!

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickatthegym
^I agree! It is so gross to imagine where this crap comes from or what is in it! There are sites like iOffer and Alibaba where overseas sellers flood them with "Wholesale MAC" and some moron thinks it is real and buys a whole lot of it... then they break it up start selling it and swear it is real beacuse they believed the person who sold it to them... and so on and so forth.

I just think it's pretty pathetic MAC doesn't cut down on it. Seriously, it is NOT hard to tell instantly which eBay items are fake. I report dozens everyday and it does no good! I swear, if a few of us were hired by VERO, we could have the fakes on eBay cleaned up in no time!

Kendra,the fake MAC is rife,like chicka ,said www.ioffer.com,www.tradekey.com,etc grotto of fakes galore i mean is like Alladdins cave full of c*ap but i must post a cautionary tale about the GHD's...ok i had a black pair which i bought from my local salon,but for my burfday OH,has bought me the purple pair
yahoo.gif
ok so i said to my workmate who wanted the GHD's i will sell it to you for £50 VGC,one owner,immaculate condition etc,anyway she declined saying oh i will get it cheaper from ebay...
shockt.gif
i adviced her about buying electrical stuff off ebay...but cut the story short,the GHD's she bought off ebay for £65 brand new etc,melted and exploded while in use!!Thank god she wasnt actually using it i mean she put it to heat it up and they melted onto the desk and sizzled and went pop!It could have been much ,much worse so please girls be careful !These fake GHD's are NOT saftey tested,they use some cheap components which can maim and even cause fire or even kill you.Im not trying to scaremong but just want people to be aware
winks.gif
Truly girlz if you cant afford the real GHD's Remington,does a perfectly useable straightners for about £30.
Ciao for now x

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickatthegym

Agree Chicka,lol i just reported this seller sorry a*s not only they had fake Chanel,MAC for sale now they listed fake Nars and 100 PCS of Mac fluidline gel!!MAC Fluidline Eye Liner Gel - Blacktrack - New on eBay (end time 23-Dec-09 11:01:55 GMT)
ermm reported yesterday for the fake Mac blush balls wth are these ?Listing still running!
thmbdn.gif
wish MAC had VeRo programme on ebay!!Angi,any suggestions?Thanks
!BeNrBywBmk~$(KGrHqIH-DQEreCuEoc5BK8()KGw8Q~~_12.JPG

angi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaItalia1969
wish MAC had VeRo programme on ebay!!Angi,any suggestions?Thanks

Wish they did too! Reported the items that you highlighted Bella, but I'm kind of focussing on palettes at the moment, because there are not as many of these. I used to report all the fake pigments too, everyday, but it just took too long!

shatteredshards

I contacted MAC about joining eBay's Vero program, and how all these fakes are damaging the quality image their brand has.

The response was more or less "Nope, we're not gonna do it, eBay needs to take care of this without our help."

angi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredshards
I contacted MAC about joining eBay's Vero program, and how all these fakes are damaging the quality image their brand has.

The response was more or less "Nope, we're not gonna do it, eBay needs to take care of this without our help."

That's so stupid. I can't believe that MAC won't get involved with something like VERO when it is their reputation at stake. I know that ebay should be policing things better and they should be accountable, but with a problem like this, ebay and MAC should really be working in partnership.

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by angi
Wish they did too! Reported the items that you highlighted Bella, but I'm kind of focussing on palettes at the moment, because there are not as many of these. I used to report all the fake pigments too, everyday, but it just took too long!

Angi you beauty how's you and your pets? anyway the listings with that awful fake Mac blusher balls are gone so is his fake Nars,Mac brushes and the 100 PCS of fake Fluidline!!Thank you
There's lots of these fake mac 12 and 10 eyeshadow "Lustre"or Magic palettes knocking about on ebay !As soon as one gets reported another appears.The pigments Angi,are a pain i have seen a rise in the ones that have Mac single eyeshadows names on them
nonono.gif

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by angi

Angi,which palettes you have focussing on ?
Is it this ones below...Item number:200409897000 or the other 10 colour Magic ones...
To be honest Angi,i truly do not know how can anyone sleep peacefully at night knowing full well that the charge £60 for something that sells for about a £5!!She has sold 1 already
%21Be0sl8%21%21mk%7E$%28KGrHqEH-DUErdH1hLtlBK-ztgr9og%7E%7E_12.JPG
%21Bf6JlTgBmk%7E$%28KGrHqIH-EQEsKzFdm7kBLDG++vgGw%7E%7E_12.JPG

3041jones seller of the 10 eyeshadow and other fake Mac!!Reported on wed.night...sold already lots of his fake fluidline and the fake palettes.
thmbdn.gif

In any case let me know Angi ?I have been focussing on the Fluidline ,the 12/10 eyeshadow palettes and the Lustreglass that come in palette version
th_wink3.gif

User38

I too have reported a number of fakes -- EBAY does not answer and when I got a live chat, they said they were taking care of it.. lolol., they are just collecting their fees from the Sellers.

This is going nowhere -- it took years for companies like L.V. -- LVMH to protect their trade name from fakes, and there are still plenty of LV fakes floating around.

Eleentje

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredshards

Ack, that's annoying. I can see people who decided to try out MAC buying some of that fakey crap and getting dissappointed in the brand, as obviously the quality of fakes is nowwhere near the quality of real Mac products.
angry.gif

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
This is going nowhere -- it took years for companies like L.V. -- LVMH to protect their trade name from fakes, and there are still plenty of LV fakes floating around.

Not to mention, LV had to sue eBay - twice - to get anywhere with them. And I doubt it made much of a difference in eBay's behavior.

The first time was in 2006.

The second time was in 2008.

Let's see, who else has sued them...Hermes, Tiffany, Rolex, L'Oreal....

angi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaItalia1969
Angi,which palettes you have focussing on ?
Is it this ones below...Item number:200409897000 or the other 10 colour Magic ones...

Hey, sorry for the late reply. I've been focussing on basically all the palettes that are fake, just going through the ebay UK pages every night and reporting. When I consider that I used to do it with 9 pages of pigments every day, it really doesn't seem all that much.

The really fake palettes are mainly the ones that are about at the moment, but there have also been a couple of the better fakes (i.e. the ones that actually have the colours and styling of genuine mac palettes.) I'd like to be able to check the antiquitease ones too, but I never had the eye for detail required for spotting those fakes.

I have to say, I've been losing patience with the people that continually bid on the obviously fake palettes, but then I think about what it would be like if I got a fake MAC palette for christmas and how terrible it would be.