Where Do You Meet Men?

kobri

I work with all women and have for quite a few years now and I'm not into the bar scene (can't drink). I'm looking for suggestions of where people find that they meet men. Any creative ideas or old standbys welcome

HeavenLeiBlu

Disclaimer: I don't ever try and meet men. I am seeing someone - okay a few people; but romance really isn't something I make a lot of time for.

With that said, I meet them EVERYWHERE, literally. At the bus stop, on the train, at the grocery store and farmer's market, visitors at my job, inadvertently through my exes, walking around my neighborhood, while shopping, at traffic lights when I'm driving, sports events. Strangely enough, I've never met men where I would most like to meet one: at the library or a bookstore,
th_LMAO.gif
I'd be least likely to date someone I'd met at a club/bar.

Rennah

Umm...

Supermarket?
Pet store?
ASPCA?
Church?
Online? (lol)
at a park?
Blind date?
at the gym?
at their workplace? (e.g. a store, computer repair place, plant nursery)

I met my boyfriend through his cousin, who I was friends with.

Bad places to meet men:
Construction sites (all whistlers)
Bars
in prison (lol... sorry)

Chic 2k6

i met my guy on Ok Cupid lol, dating sites one way of meeting men, as well as going out and about in town like grocery shopping, in malls, gyms, sports cafes etc... through friends & family

rosenbud

In the past I met guys at the Library, the pub (obviously for us Brits), Nightclubs, and in shops.

I met my SO walking home.....he had moved next door from me 5 years before I finally introduced myself walking home one night!!!
We have been together for 8 years
yahoo.gif

MissChriss

I met my current boyfriend on a chatline LOL and he is a gem and we have been together for a year and a half..okay I know most chat lines are just people trying to hook up and have sex..but I only call this specific one chatline that actually have some pretty good guys on there that are looking for something real. I would use it again if me and my boyfriend didn't work out. You do have to sift thru some bad apples but most of the guys on there that I was talking to I saw potential in them before my man came alone and put them all to rest ....

I really have no luck with meeting guys anyway else I get that I am just not approachable. I am always looking mean as if I am deep in thought and the few guys that have mustered up enough balls to approach me usually use that as a pick up line "Why you over there looking all mean?" lol

Beauty Mark

I met my boyfriend at school. Ironically, the guy I was pursuing at the time pretty much forced my boyfriend to take me to find food (I was very new and hungry and wanted someone to go with me).

You never meet people by staying in all the time by yourself. Go out with your friends. Don't ask to be setup, but usually people meet potential boyfriends or girlfriends through friends. Volunteering works; my friend met her boyfriend that way.

kaliraksha

I met mine at school as well. But, so many people on this forum and my friends recently have just met guys online. Either through networking sites, or journals they kept or a forum for similar interest. I wouldn't say no to the internet... internet dating is a really valuable source now in days.

V15U4L_3RR0R

Anywhere really. Some I've met online, some I've met randomly while I was out and about and some in clubs and pubs.

kurisuteru

I'd say your best bet would be to just befriend anyone who comes along, increasing your social network. As it multiplies, you are bound to find someone who attracts you and that you are compatible with. Usually, you can meet men pretty much anywhere -- in clubs, work place, school, library...

I'm currently in a female-dominated program (going for my Bachelors in Psych.), but I do remember during my single days when I was forced to attend a UN meeting, some guy pretty much just wrote his number on my arm (cause he didn't want me to lose it). At my next class, some football player saw me and the number written on my arm, so he ended up writing his too!

At the end of the day, I had about 4 numbers from random guys.

Anyways, try it! I don't really think that it was the phone numbers written on my arm that got them approaching, but thinking back at it now, it was probably a good conversation starter, thus making it easier to approach a woman. I'm pretty sure wearing an eye-catching accessory or sporting a particular button on your backpack is bound to work also!

duckduck

What age group and type of guy are you looking for? I could probably come up with better ideas if I knew what we were shooting for here
smiles.gif

For myself, I would try to find something to do that I enjoy, and that allowed me to see the same people on a regular basis so I could get to know them. Also, I would make sure to choose something more male-dominated, so no dance or pottery classes
winks.gif
Some options for me would be: volunteering for Habitat for Humanity, taking motorcycle training courses (free in PA & you get your license!), training to become & volunteering as an EMT (Emergency Medical Technician), joining a rock-climbing gym, or checking through my local newspaper for other volunteering opportunities or activities. The way I figure, even if I didn't meet a man doing those things, I would still be having fun and feeling good about what I was doing.