Where is my HG foundation? Help!

minni4bebe

I tried searching for this but didn't find the answer I need.

I am looking for a new foundation. I used to use studio tech and now use satinfinish. I switched bc I liked the dewiness of satinfinish. The problem is that at the end of the day I have no coverage. I tried studio fix fluid but it was wayyyy to matte and made me look older. I tried using it numerous ways but no luck. So basically, I want something that has the finish of satinfinish but the coverage of studio fix fluid. For reference, I am NC40. It doesn't have to be MAC. I just need to look natural but even. Help me please!

Gonzajuju

I like MUFE HD Invisible Cover Foundation and Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Hydrating Makeup. They both last all day on me and look natural on my skin. I prefer MUFE a little more only in the fact that it wont settle into my fine lines.

MUALindsay

NARS Sheer Glow? It's "supposed" to be sheer, but I find it has just as much coverage as my SFF.

Horrid lighting and the SFF is too dark (NC20) but I have SFF on my right and Sheer Glow on my left.

With and without flash.

I have Roscea, hince the bit of redness on my cheeks. My left was flaring up a bit more that day.

minni4bebe

thanks for the photo! I'm going to see if I can get a sample at Sephora. It looks like great coverage!! Quote:
Originally Posted by SlvrGrndM99
NARS Sheer Glow? It's "supposed" to be sheer, but I find it has just as much coverage as my SFF.

Horrid lighting and the SFF is too dark (NC20) but I have SFF on my right and Sheer Glow on my left.

With and without flash.

I have Roscea, hince the bit of redness on my cheeks. My left was flaring up a bit more that day.

minni4bebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzajuju
I like MUFE HD Invisible Cover Foundation and Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Hydrating Makeup. They both last all day on me and look natural on my skin. I prefer MUFE a little more only in the fact that it wont settle into my fine lines.

I've tried both. MUFE made me look severely dry and fake and Dior didn't have a good match for me. I tried Korres as well but it slipped right off even with a primer.

ForgetRegret

*blink* MUFE HD made you look dry? Damn...do you have a problem with dry skin? What kind of primer did you use underneath? The only reason I'm asking all the questions instead of throwing more ideas at you is because you said you liked dewiness of Satinfinish, but wanted coverage...and honestly, that's MUFE HD in a nutshell. I have to be careful with it because I'm oily, but I've never had a problem with it looking fake...even when they tried telling me I was several shades darker and pinker than I am, the foundation managed to look natural still.
Ok...now that i've gone off on a tangent there (sorry about that...), I'd suggest a couple things; first, make sure the color is right for you...that could be what's making it look fake. Second, make sure your skin is well-moisturized before you start your makeup routine, it makes a huge difference...you may consider the MUFE elixir stuff...I've never used it, but I've been hearing very good things from a lot of people about it. Third, try a different primer...I love MUFE HD primer, but I'm also a big fan of the Monistat gel. Four, I don't know how you're applying, but I'd suggest using something like one of the MAC skunk brushes, or Sephora professional platinum #55 (the "air-brush"). You can build your coverage, but it looks far more natural than using your fingers or a sponge IMO.
Hope that helped you at least a little bit...otherwise, my only suggestion would be maybe the Smashbox Healthy FX foundation. I've used it before and really loved it. I was wearing it one day with an otherwise naked face (not even mascara...*gasp!*), and my mom complimented me on how beautiful my skin looked...she was shocked when I told her I was wearing foundation.
smiles.gif
Good luck, sweetie...I know finding HG foundations can be a b*tch!

minni4bebe

I used both the 187 and sephora 55 (my fave!) I also used a primer, it was something from mufe. I don't know, i moisterize religiously too. I tried 2 dif shades. But yesterday, I went to cvs and they had colorstay on sale ($8) so since I keep hearing its great, i bought it! I got natural tan. I never considered it bc i kept hearing its a matte foundation but since im on a search, i went for it.

I wore it today and so far so good! its not matte, on me at least and is still there 7 hrs later. I use nc40 in satinfinish and when i swatched them side by side, CS was MUCH darker. The satinfinish was like a yellow next to it. So I did a side by side and didn't realize how yellow i look in satinfinish! i was amazed! I had to buff buff buff to get it to look more natural! the CS matched my face perfectly and evened everything out. So I'll give it a try for a couple more days and update this thread! Thanks ladies!! Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgetRegret
*blink* MUFE HD made you look dry? Damn...do you have a problem with dry skin? What kind of primer did you use underneath? The only reason I'm asking all the questions instead of throwing more ideas at you is because you said you liked dewiness of Satinfinish, but wanted coverage...and honestly, that's MUFE HD in a nutshell. I have to be careful with it because I'm oily, but I've never had a problem with it looking fake...even when they tried telling me I was several shades darker and pinker than I am, the foundation managed to look natural still.
Ok...now that i've gone off on a tangent there (sorry about that...), I'd suggest a couple things; first, make sure the color is right for you...that could be what's making it look fake. Second, make sure your skin is well-moisturized before you start your makeup routine, it makes a huge difference...you may consider the MUFE elixir stuff...I've never used it, but I've been hearing very good things from a lot of people about it. Third, try a different primer...I love MUFE HD primer, but I'm also a big fan of the Monistat gel. Four, I don't know how you're applying, but I'd suggest using something like one of the MAC skunk brushes, or Sephora professional platinum #55 (the "air-brush"). You can build your coverage, but it looks far more natural than using your fingers or a sponge IMO.
Hope that helped you at least a little bit...otherwise, my only suggestion would be maybe the Smashbox Healthy FX foundation. I've used it before and really loved it. I was wearing it one day with an otherwise naked face (not even mascara...*gasp!*), and my mom complimented me on how beautiful my skin looked...she was shocked when I told her I was wearing foundation.
smiles.gif
Good luck, sweetie...I know finding HG foundations can be a b*tch!

anshu7

Since u already have Mac studio fix fluid, have u tried mixing it with a Luminiser like Revlon skinlights or Mac Strobe lotion? U could also mix in a dab of Mac Vanilla pigment with SFF. Any of these should be able to give u a dewy look
smiles.gif
Hope that helps!