Where is my period?

CherryAcid

I hadnt had sex for a year until a month ago when i had protected sex. Now my period is a week late and im worried.
I spoke to my friend whos had babies and she told me to do a test, it came out negative. The test is a sensitve one which gives results 4 days before a period is due.
My periods can be irregular and i have had a pregnancy scare before(again with protected sex) and my period came a couple weeks late. So i dont know if its just part of my pattern. I have been having the usual crampy feeling that comes when my period is due but alas no period yet. I have another test and if i still havent come on by next weekend i will take the test again.
My friend said worrying about it can make it even later and she really doesnt think i have anything to worry about as you just "know" when you are and especially because i was so careful, the condom didnt split and there wasnt any sort of penetration unprotected. I cant help but worry though
ssad.gif

xxManBeaterxx

...The shit girls have to put up with... I was on bc pills for 5 years and every month for 5 years i still get scared. And one month it happened, I just gave birth to twins and they were conceived when i was on bc, but i was on a low dose hormone

I cant say for sure but its very unlikely that your pregnant, and we all know that stress, diet, and climate changes can all delay your period. Is your period always days or weeks late and how often is it irregular? I know some girls who go 2-3 months without a period and then the next month they are regular. Anyway i hope it comes soon!! Keep us updated

CherryAcid

Well to be honest i dont pay too much attention to it when im not in a relationship as its extremely rare i have casual sex. But i know roughly when it is due and it has been a week or 2 late in th past. Like i said i have had a scare before(again it was a over a week late and the test was negative) and i came on eventually. I think i am worrying a tad too much cos im trying to base it as a 28 day cycle and to be honest i dont think my cycles are that short. I just dont see how i can be pregnant, the condom was intact, there was no penetration before. And its going to be TMI here but i didnt feel any leakage afterwards. Maybe my worrying is delaying it, the only things im feeling is pre period cramps and heartburn which is normal for me before a period and ive been really spotty and they have cleared up as they usually do before im due on. Do you think i should wait another week and if i still havent come on try another test?

xxManBeaterxx

Oh yeah defininately take another pregnancy test if it will make you feel better, if you can you should get a blood test done its nearly 99% effective in determining early pregnancy, then that way you will know for sure your not pregnant. You should also chart your period, like next to the calender put a check mark on the days you start and the days you end end, do it for a couple of months just so you know how your period works.

kaliraksha

I would give it another week, do a home test and if you're still not satisfied then check to see if there are any women's clinics that do a free or low cost pregnancy test. Or just visit your doctor- peace of mind is a beautiful thing.

I've said it before, but sometimes you can do all the right things and it still happens... the only thing that will keep you sane is knowing you took precautions, knowing no amount of worrying will change the outcome, and knowing your options just in case.

Good luck feeling more at peace with this ... I know I've been there before

CherryAcid

Thank you, its nice to hear from women who have been through the same. I woke up this morning with stomach pains(like period pains) and i had a cold sweat so i was sure i had come one....i havent
ssad.gif

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got really really upset last night and i couldnt stop crying, i mean there was snot and tears lol And the hardest part was i had to keep quiet cos i live back at home and i didnt want to tell me parents as i didnt want all the questions. So obviously that made me cry even more.
Well i did a test this morning as i really couldnt wait until friday and it was again negative. Now here is the good bit hopefully, as i wiped my bits i noticed there was blood on the tissue, so i have put a pad in my underwear and lo and behold the mega period pains start and my period seems to be here!! I am so relieved!
I am going to make an appointment at the docs to see about contraception( i dont get on with the pill cos it makes me gain weight, spotty, moody etc) I like the idea of Paragard but i hear u have to have kids to have that. I will just have to see what they can offer
smiles.gif

Thanks for the help and adivce guys xx

Latest posts