Where oh where is Chelsea????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvs Queen

I think that Chelsea left for a personal reason. Not really sure but I know that there is a thread in the announcements about it. And Nessa and Vuitton Victim are banned. They have their own board now but to the best of my understanding that's not why they were banned.

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corv's Queen
I think that Chelsea left for a personal reason. Not really sure but I know that there is a thread in the announcements about it. And Nessa and Vuitton Victim are banned. They have their own board now but to the best of my understanding that's not why they were banned.

Correct. I would like to make sure it is understood that they were NOT banned from the site for starting their own forum. They were banned for violating the Terms of Service and rules here at Specktra.net, the same way any member would be banned for violation of the terms of service in this manner. As they were both prominent members, and one of them was a staff member, they were well aware of these regulations and the repercussions of their actions.

It is indeed unfortunate to see them go, however it is not an option to give special treatment simply because we like someone. Special treatment for such reasons creates double standards, which is simply not cool.

ishtarchick

i think i see jude and sxychika there too.... :S what happened?? was trhere a fight or something?
ssad.gif

koolmnbv

Does any1 mind linking me to a list of rules and regulations etc. I dont want to get banned and Im not sure where to go to find the rules for here. thx

martygreene

http://specktra.net/faq.php?

Also, any member who violates any rule or guideline here on Specktra will recieve notification via private-message of the infraction, what action has been taken, and what action will be taken in the future.

If ever a member feels uncertain about an action on the forums, or would like further explanation of any guideline or rule, you are always welcome to contact any of the admin, mods, or the communications manager (whose job here on the forum is to be a liason between you and the staff). If you want to contact someone in regards to a forum-specific question, the list of forum leaders and all staff members and site liasons is located here: http://specktra.net/showgroups.php

a914butterfly

i belive that chelsea was removed or banned due to complaints? i know i had bought something off her sale/swap list and never received the item. i emailed her back and she said she forgot and was sending it out. another 2 weeks pass by and she never responded to my emails so i reported her and the administrator from spectra told me she was no longer associated with specktra. i assume there were many complaints? as for VuittonVictim and 'Nessa, i dont know what they did wrong, but i hope someone knows so they can inform us so that we dont do the same mistake and do something wrong

koolmnbv

Im actually a little scared because some of the people that got banned were really heavy into specktra and many were mods and higher. I have read alot of the rules and I really am scared of somehow slipping up and getting banned b/c of it. I mean it these high up ppl. got banned and they knew lots of the rules really any1 could get banned. Also I heard that alot of ppl got emails saying they were being released of their mod duties???? I cant understand what has happened but I know 'Nessa,Jude,sxychika,chelsea and many others are no longer with THIS mu board and I just am kinda worried now

Does any1 else feel like this?

lara

No, not really. Administration of the banhammer level isn't issued out willy-nilly, it's a well-thought out process that isn't issued for minor infractions.
If you want to ask more questions, take it off-list and direct it to a friendly mod or administrator - they'll be happy to answer any questions and quash any idle speculation.
smiles.gif

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolmnbv
Im actually a little scared because some of the people that got banned were really heavy into specktra and many were mods and higher. I have read alot of the rules and I really am scared of somehow slipping up and getting banned b/c of it. I mean it these high up ppl. got banned and they knew lots of the rules really any1 could get banned. Also I heard that alot of ppl got emails saying they were being released of their mod duties???? I cant understand what has happened but I know 'Nessa,Jude,sxychika,chelsea and many others are no longer with THIS mu board and I just am kinda worried now

Does any1 else feel like this?

Hon, you honestly have nothing to be scared about. As martygreene said, members are ALWAYS notified when they have done something that violates the TOS. We all make mistakes, and slip ups are inevitable which is why we as admins and moderators are ALWAYS here to help
smiles.gif
The decision to ban a member is taken very seriously by us, and is only done where there has been a flagrant disregard and abuse of the TOS. (Jude and Chelsea have not been banned btw.) The ones who were know exactly what they did and why they were banned. It is extremely unfortunate and quite immature really, that I have seen them on other boards causing unnecessary drama and bashing Janice for NO reason just because they were rightfully banned.

As far as them receiving emails releasing them of their mod duties, that is up to our admins to decide. On any board, changes to the staff are made as is necessary and that is the case here. It's that simple really.
smiles.gif
Please remember that admins and mods of specktra are always always available for you to ask any questions and to help!
smiles.gif

Janice

Quote:
Im actually a little scared

Please don't be scared, only very serious infractions will cause an account to banned and registration revoked. Normal infractions are issued a warning and life goes on.

Quote:
I mean it these high up ppl. got banned and they knew lots of the rules really any1 could get banned.

There is a thread in the suggestions and questions forum addressing the issue you are referring to. To respect everyone involved's privacy I can not delve further into the issue. I would hope that you can respect that decision, however if you have any concerns please feel free to send me a PM and I will address them.

There is absoloutly no reason to be worried, staff is an ever changing roster. The decisions made about staff by me are only for the best interest of the site. I appreciate your membership and participation here and I hope to continue seeing you on the forum.
thmbup.gif

koolmnbv

Ok thanks for addressing that , I kinda had it like these ppl had gotten banned for messing up a lil and got a severe action taken against them. It kinda had me scared that I could screw up and not realize it and get booted very easily. Thanks for the link to that other thread it helped clear alot up for me

Classic Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
It is extremely unfortunate and quite immature really, that I have seen them on other boards causing unnecessary drama and bashing Janice for NO reason just because they were rightfully banned.

I would first like to say that I love both specktra and MUD.

As a person who has no sides in this argument, I would just like to say they are in no way bashing specktra or any of the admins on the board. In fact, they are against it and warn other members who do it.

I think we all need to be adults, drop this, and get on with our lives. Afterall, it's just an internet community.

Thanks,
CB

MacVirgin

This is a good tread because i'm steel learning how things work here and am also a little bit scared i mess up without even knowing i did:confused: . u know what i mean??
i've been on lots of boards and so far this is realy the nicest
th_worship.gif
I just love being here cause everybody is so nice and helpful. Even do i'm new i feel welkom and am not treathed like a 'newbie'.

im glad to now to know that if you do mess up that you'will get a notice.

moonrevel

I just want to say that I have been on online message boards/communities/other chatting devices for a very long time, and I've said it before about specktra and I will say it again: I have never been a member of a community that is as nice, welcoming to new members, and well moderated as this board is. I've been in communities that will ban you with no warning for the dumbest reasons imaginable, ones where if for some reason you did enjoy them you faced a very real possibility of being banned by the mods or treated badly by the members at the drop of a hat. People who are new here or are worried about these things should, in my opinion, have no fears at all, as I think the rules here are necessary, fair, and well-enforced. Cheers to all the wonderful members here, and the staff.
smiles.gif

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Beauty
I would just like to say they are in no way bashing specktra or any of the admins on the board. In fact, they are against it and warn other members who do it.I think we all need to be adults, drop this, and get on with our lives.

CB, they may not be doing it on their board, but i have seen quite a few posts in other communities where they are bashing specktra and janice causing unncecessary drama. I wouldn't make a statement like that without having seen it myself. That and the fact that several other members here have emailed us with pics of them doing so on other boards. Apparently the smear campaign they started about janice and specktra works in their best interest as playing victim gets sympathy even when it's not deserved.

If it's one thing we are very proud of here, it is the lack of cattiness, drama and bitch fests that happen on other makeup boards. We aren't the ones causing any drama around what happened. They unfortunately are. We "dropped" this a long time ago. It would be great if they did the same.

I'm going to close this thread now as the original posters question has been answered and there really isn't anything else to say on this matter. Thanks for your candor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts