Where the magic happens!! (LOL)

trip75

This is where I do my makeup.
tong.gif
A little messy (I need to dust). I like to do it standing up (tee-hee!!!). Usually after I'm done doing my makeup its hella messy, glitter and q-tips everywhere.​

Its not much but it works for me. I'd like to eventually get maybe a dual purpose desk that I can use my laptop on and store my makeup in when I'm not using it. Space is limited in my room and my bathroom is too small.​

Well thanks for lookin! XOXO​

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Update 5/26/08*New Vanity*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My boyfriend was helping his friend move and his friend's mom was getting rid of this!! My boyfriend knows I'm super obsessed with make up and took it for me!!! It needs some work but OMG...I love it already. I'm gonna refurb it and post more when it's done. Time to move up from my ghetto set-up!

**********another update 7-24-08*******scroll down for finished vanity***************

newagetomatoz

Not bad! It sort of reminds me of my little "makeup spot" which consists of an old night stand loaded up with my collection and a mirror mounted on the wall. I have to lead over the entire nightstand to get close and under the light. A bit of a pain, but I like it!

DirtyHarriet

gorgeous!!!

i love love love finds like that...and they always look so awesome when you put your own stamp on them by refinishing them just how you want!
smiles.gif

bell21

Awesome, I'd love to see what it looks like once you've got it redone and personalized!

violet14

omg I have one just like that but its dark wood. It was a wedding gift to my great grandparents. i have a little stool that i sit at.

pratbc

Amazing find! Once you have it all refurbished it will look awesome! Can't wait to see it. Like I always say "if its free, its me". Oh and you will love being able to do your m/up sitting down once you get used to it- I wouldn't have it any other way!

trip75

Quote:
Originally Posted by violet14
omg I have one just like that but its dark wood. It was a wedding gift to my great grandparents. i have a little stool that i sit at.

I would love to see a pic!!
I haven't picked up a stool yet. Need to get one. I was thinking of getting one with storage inside to hide all the mess!

trip75

It's done!...well sorta.
I painted it stark white and left the original knobs. I wanted to paint the trim a metallic gold but couldn't find any so I just settled for brown.
I finished it up and brought it upstairs (super heavy by the way). Then I went to Home Depot like a week later and there it was...beautiful gold metallic paint!! So one of these weekends I'll redo the trim.
I am still in search of the perfect stool. Till then I sit on the floor.

I put a shelf across the top for more storage. Because the mirrors move it leaves limited space for storage on the top.
Eventually I'll get a mirror or a piece of glass to put across.

Brushes, q-tips, cottonballs

top right drawer-single shadows and pigments

middle right drawer-concealer, foundations, powders

bottom right drawer-lip stuff and eyeshadow palettes
th_drawer4.jpg

top left drawer-liners, mascaras, glitters, random utensils

left middle drawer-lashes

bottom left drawer-hair products

knob

Lemme know what you think. I love this set up! Much better than the ghetto setup I had before.