Where to apply striped eyeshadow - blue, green, orange

zizi31

Hi! I'm pretty new to applying eye shadow, and I'm thinking of buying this really pretty palette:
I am Fashion: Summer 2005 Beauty Picks.
The one I want is the first compact by YSL - it's called bayadere.

Where would you apply the different colors? Would you use them all together, or a couple at a time? Which ones would you use together? Where would the orange go? It doesn't really seem to match with any of the other colors, but it does look good in the compact.

Also, do you think I will need to buy an eye primer to make the colors to show up nicely? My skin is pretty pale, so I'm not sure if I will need it.

Also, I think my skin is slightly warm toned (goldish undertones). Can blue/green ever look good on someone with warm toned skin?

For example, peaches and corals really suit me, but pinks look just as good - and isn't pink usually for people with cooler undertones?

madnicole

hi there - that palette is gorgeous! I would stick to the blues and green on the lids - perhaps start with the darkest blue and blend the green and lighter blue in the crease and just above - perhaps use the orange on your bottom lashline as a pop of colour - and just just orange/peachy toned blush and nude/peachy lipstick. I too have slightly warm skin - and currently have strawberry blonde/ copperish hair and often wear aquas & greens - blues only work if they are green toned - very red toned blues and royal blues look like crap on me. HTH's

smellyocheese

very pretty palette! except for the 2 colors that look similar. I'd use the teal on the lid then blend the orange into the crease. light blue on the middle of the lid and the darker blue into the outer corner
smiles.gif

hope that helps! I love colors and have warm skin too (NC35)