where to buy brand name cosmetics in Canada

katred

Specktra Bestie
So in Canada we don't have sephoras so where do you buy your cosmetics?
There are a number of Sephora locations in Canada and they have a Canadian-specific section of their web site as well, where you can see pricing in Canadian dollars.

For other big brands, Shoppers Drug Mart carries a number of brands (Guerlain, Dior, Smashbox, Benefit, etc.), although which brands are available at which locations varies widely. The Bay has almost all major beauty brands, including Mac, who otherwise are only available through their own stores. Holt Renfrew has an exclusive on Armani and Tom Ford beauty (although they only carry his lipsticks). They also have an exclusive on Burberry beauty, which is only available through two stores nationally.

Some brands just aren't available in any retail locations up here, so you're stuck ordering on line without swatching in person. There are also some differences in terms of what products and formulas Canada gets (especially with Chanel) compared to the US.

Hope that helps!

Kassie

There are a number of Sephora locations in Canada and they have a Canadian-specific section of their web site as well, where you can see pricing in Canadian dollars.

For other big brands, Shoppers Drug Mart carries a number of brands (Guerlain, Dior, Smashbox, Benefit, etc.), although which brands are available at which locations varies widely. The Bay has almost all major beauty brands, including Mac, who otherwise are only available through their own stores. Holt Renfrew has an exclusive on Armani and Tom Ford beauty (although they only carry his lipsticks). They also have an exclusive on Burberry beauty, which is only available through two stores nationally.

Some brands just aren't available in any retail locations up here, so you're stuck ordering on line without swatching in person. There are also some differences in terms of what products and formulas Canada gets (especially with Chanel) compared to the US.

Hope that helps!
Yes thanks a lot I do show quite a bit at shoppers drug mart, the ones in bigger cities carried more brand names, the one in my city does not :( I was not aware that there were sephoras in canada, I'll have to look up locations. I do like the bay and the one in georgian mall has a MAC outlet, it was where I bought my first MAC powder and I've fallen in love every since, but the bay can be annoying to shop because it sells more then just makeup, I was looking for stores that are just based on makeup.

What do you mean the formulas are different based on locations, this is something new to me tell me more!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Yes thanks a lot I do show quite a bit at shoppers drug mart, the ones in bigger cities carried more brand names, the one in my city does not :( I was not aware that there were sephoras in canada, I'll have to look up locations. I do like the bay and the one in georgian mall has a MAC outlet, it was where I bought my first MAC powder and I've fallen in love every since, but the bay can be annoying to shop because it sells more then just makeup, I was looking for stores that are just based on makeup.

What do you mean the formulas are different based on locations, this is something new to me tell me more!
Unfortunately, I don't think there are too many Sephoras outside of large urban centres here (as with everything). I don't know of other all cosmetic stores at all, other than Mac.

The different formulations are particularly an issue with Chanel. The products they sell in the US are more like regular makeup, whereas those in Europe and Canada (shadows and blushes) are baked like mineral products. Most people find them a little drier and less pigmented up here.

Mostly, there are differences in terms of colours available. The selection in Canada usually mirrors what's available in Europe, rather than the US. Actually, it tends to result in us getting a few more colours most of the time, which is always nice.

Kassie

Unfortunately, I don't think there are too many Sephoras outside of large urban centres here (as with everything). I don't know of other all cosmetic stores at all, other than Mac.

The different formulations are particularly an issue with Chanel. The products they sell in the US are more like regular makeup, whereas those in Europe and Canada (shadows and blushes) are baked like mineral products. Most people find them a little drier and less pigmented up here.

Mostly, there are differences in terms of colours available. The selection in Canada usually mirrors what's available in Europe, rather than the US. Actually, it tends to result in us getting a few more colours most of the time, which is always nice.

WOW I didn't know the formula would be different thats very interesting. I find canada has color that most places don't like you said but then with a different collection they'll have less colors and the states will have more. I just do my buying on amazon and ebay for awhile its cheaper anyway, well sometimes.

Latest posts