Where to buy empty pans?

ShexyKristin

If you want to press your own pigments into pans, where do you get the empty pans that fit into the MAC palette?

gigglegirl

I (and a friend of mine) each ordered the same day from ecrater.com (previously suggested by other people on this board), and though it took a couple weeks to get here (we also live in Canada and they were coming from the states), they are so nice and uniform, clean and shiny!! They fit PERFECTLY whereas yaby pans are apparently a few mm smaller than MAC pans.

Here's the link: http://starauctions.ecrater.com/
I'm totally recommending them to any and everyone. So easy too, I just paid through Paypal.

Good luck, have fun!

newagetomatoz

I remember reading a tutorial on here where someone bought one of those 12-15-18-something pallettes from Claire's. She just scraped out the shadow and used the pans.

I actually found a 21-pan pallette at Claire's (that I had to buy because it was $10). I depotted it, put in my MAC, NYX, and others and saved and cleaned out some of the pans and saved them for later.

Hope this helps!

PrettyInPink101

yabycosmetics.com sells empties on their site .. i think its like an 8 pack for $3.15
smiles.gif

gigglegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyInPink101
yabycosmetics.com sells empties on their site .. i think its like an 8 pack for $3.15
smiles.gif

Just keep in mind the Yaby ones are 20mm in diameter, which is 6 mms smaller than MAC's (26mm) so if you use Yaby's I'm told there is going to be a gap, whereas above the ones from Ecrater are the same size as MAC's and fit perfectly into the palettes!

MarieLisa_Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetomatoz
I remember reading a tutorial on here where someone bought one of those 12-15-18-something pallettes from Claire's. She just scraped out the shadow and used the pans.

I actually found a 21-pan pallette at Claire's (that I had to buy because it was $10). I depotted it, put in my MAC, NYX, and others and saved and cleaned out some of the pans and saved them for later.

Hope this helps!

yeah i bought the 21-pan pallete at Claires 2 or 3 years ago. My sister dropped my pallete so it broke lol.. I still have the eyeshadows on there.. planning to put em in jars... since my pallete is broken.
ssad.gif
i also bought the one where you open it up and the 2 sides pop out! it broke too
ssad.gif
sad huh?