Where's the shoutbox?

I know I remember seeing it the other day when I told you about my stay in Monaco! (Just got back!)

And now it's gone!
ssad.gif

Janice

Sorry about that, looks like I walked away from the computer thinking I had pushed the 'submit' button on that announcement!

The shoutbox has been disabled due to spamming. I don't want members accidently clicking on links to sites that have been spammed in the shoutbox. These sites are "hacker" type websites that might have malicious code meant to intrude or install programs on your computer without your knowledge.

It's really a security issue, I have contacted the developer with my concerns and we'll see if it can be improved upon. If we can work past our security concerns we will enable the shoutbox once again. Until then we will be replacing it with our chat feature. Once chat is up and running you will see a link to it in your navigation bar (should be sometime this evening).

Wow really?

I never even noticed that stuff!
All I saw (before I said something) was a link to something which looked like another forum but I could be wrong!

Janice

Yes, really. I don't make up security issues. The shoutbox averages 1100 messages a day.

jenniferm1972

Aw, that's too bad. I kinda liked the shoutbox. Spammers always seem to find a way to ruin a good thing for the rest of us.