Which are your favorite makeup info sites on the web?

felicialazaar

Dear all,

I was wondering what everyone's 'regular' makeup sites are on the web... which you use for information, whats new, swatches etc...

By the way, I hope that this is not against any rules to post this, since none of the below has anything to do with me... but pls do give me a shout if its a problem...

Here in England it seems like the Pixiwoo sisters (Nicola and Samantha Chapman) are HUGE... the MAC MUAs often refer to them to watch their videos on youtube. I'd say they are best for their videos... their blog is quite cool to see new brands of makeup and facial care BUT I have a feeling that they don't update this so much anymore since they launched their monthly online magazine 2 months ago. Which kind of makes sense I guess... still I miss the regula updates.

But also Christine from Temptalia is AWESOME! Love how many swatches there are, there is barely anything she hasn't swatched!!!

Of course this Specktra forum is really cool, to see previews of new MAC launches and learn how everyone else does their makeup, skincare etc.... really invaluable!

And what are your guys favourite makeup information resources (and which sites do you use for what?)? Curious to hear form you all.

grouphug2.gif

shellygrrl

Staff member
The Pixiwoo blog still gets updated fairly regularly, actually. I think they update as often as they did before TWO launched. I'm also a fan of Temptalia. Others I like... * karlasugar.net. Unfortunately she's not updated it since September and hasn't posted to Twitter since early October. Great resource for foundation swatches. (Hope she's okay!) * Musings of a Muse. Lots of swatches and reviews of all different sorts of items. I also direct people to her site for her BB cream reviews as she's reviewed many of them, both western and Asian brands. * Phyrra.net. She reviews quite a few indie brands with a focus on "cruelty-free" ones. Also posts makeup looks. * Beautylish. Articles, user-submitted product reviews, looks, videos, that sort of thing. There's also a forum, but I'm kind of "meh" about it these days as there are a lot of repeated threads and a lot of "promote-me-and-I'll-promote-you" nonsense, not to mention it seems like most of the users are teenagers and early twenty-somethings.