which brand is better?

TwiggyPop

NARS blushes are great on me, but for some reason the shadows don't want to show up very well. I've even used UDPP and DuWop Payoff and they still don't want to stick. NARS seems to work for a lot of other people so I don't understand why it's not working for me.
So just because I can't get it to show up doesn't mean you won't be able to. I guess you'll just have to try. Good thing Sephora has a great return policy, just keep your receipt!

L1LMAMAJ

I totally agree. NARS shadows don't show up on me very well, even with a base. MAC e/s have always been one of the most opaque and pigmented of all the brands i've used.

chocolategoddes

the texture of some nars eyeshadows is amazingly soft and smooth.
but if you want pigmentation and lasting-power (as well as a pretty large selection of colors), i'd go with MAC!

Kuuipo

It's a personal preference. Once I tried NARS I gave my considerable collection of MAC shadows away (I had over 110). MAC amy have been brighter in colour in the pot and on the skin, but NARS lasted indefinately on my skin and I liked the colours better. It's a personal thing really.

lilmzkimmylady

ooo.. that's a toughie. i adore MAC shadows because they're so pigmented and there's about a million colors to choose from. with Nars, their shadows are pretty but most are very sheer. for example, i love the way Ashes to Ashes looks in its container, but trying to get the color to look that way on requires applying a lot on. i usually have to put a layer of Bare Study p/p on first and then pack it on. i also think their choices are a bit limited. Nars shadows are also a bit more expensive (if i remember correctly they are $22 vs $14 for MAC) personally, i say go with MAC! you get a lot more for your money since their shadows are so pigmented so a little goes a long way. =]

kittykit

I say MAC because they're really pigmented, long-lasting and at affordable price. I can't speak for NARS since I don't own any of their e/s.

florabundance

I agree with the other posters. Nars does great blush, MAC better shadows. Lip products i'd say they are pretty equally great
smiles.gif
Sometimes I find the dupe of a NARS gloss in a MAC shade, to avoid the ridic price.
But i'd love to see someone do a comparison online between the two.

blindpassion

Even though Nars shadows are very soft I find them harder to blend and harder to stay vibrant. I would go with MAC.

DirtyPlum

MAC eyeshadows cos theyre more pigmented and offer a range of diff textures and excellent variety of shades. The different textures allows for different looks, and uses. They also blend better and dont feel as heavy as Nars.

Nars are trickier to blend but cos they are 'thicker' (well to me anyway) they sometimes look more shimmery and layer on quite well and the colour really pops then (maybe cos shimmer particles are thicker than MACs).

Lip products - youre better off with MAC except for Nars Stains are pretty awesome.

Nars blushers are the bloody brilliant and beat MACs ass! The powder is tri-milled which makes them so smooth and brilliant to work with.