Which Brand of makeup brushes do you use?

BeverlyTazz

Is it better to pick the more expensive brushes or is it just the same? I have been using the cheaper brushes, but I find them unsatisfying. Is it just me? I do try to keep my budget in check before proceeding to buy anything more than I should.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I have brushes from multiple brands and price points that I've accumulated over the years, and many of them are still used by me to this day.

I recommend prioritizing function and shape, and then consider how much you're willing to spend. While I believe good brushes are an investment, I also think you don't need to bleed your wallet dry to get good quality brushes, either. The cheapest brush I still have and use is a $1 spoolie I got in an e.l.f. brush set in 2005; the most expensive ones are both face brushes from Chikuhodo that were $52 and $56 USD. In between those are brushes from Hakuhodo, Wayne Goss, Sigma, Zoeva, Louise Young, MAC, Sonia Kashuk, Real Techniques, Sephora Collection, ecoTools, and Make Up For Ever.

Beryl

I have The Saem from Korea the blush and e/s brush. Essence cheap e/s brushes . I do not use makeup daily and these work fine for me. Yesterday finally order a separate highlighter brush, had been using the blush brush. Wash them with a little soapy water, often. Pat dry excess water in brush on paper towel then air dry laying flat.
The Japanese brushes have me mesmerized but can not spend that on something not used daily plus that is price of groceries for a week for family of 3 so no. Just look at them.

Latest posts