Which brush for cream to powder foundation

Nadeshda

Hi
smiles.gif

I've been applying my cream to powder foundation with a sponge, but I really want to use some brushes instead. The thing is, I have no ideia which type of brush would work better with this type of foundation. Would "typical" foundation brush like the MAC 190 be better, a stippling one like the 187, or a flat-top buffer brush like the MAC 183 work better?

The foundation is that type that you don't need to set it, it just turn to powder by itself, and it's very easy to spread and to get on your brush, like, you don't need to rub it again and again because it's really creamy.

Thanks in advance for your input
smiles.gif

Divinity

Seems to me like the 190 would just grab too much product and it's not the easiest brush for blending, and it's really more of an ideal toold for liquid foundation. I personally use the 182 for this type of foundation. I have yet to try the 183, as I do have it, but from what Victor Cembellin, MAC artist, said at the last seminar, they are pretty similar. They are both ideal for blending AND you don't use as much product either. Hope that helps
smiles.gif

glassy girl

The 187 i use for everything but like Divinity said the 182 is great maybe easier for cream foundation. I really dont use cream foundation so im not sure if the 187 would work as good but try it. It works for everything else!

mizuki~

Cream to powder like Studio Tech? Well for ST, I use the 192 to apply it on my face and then the 187 to smoothen it out so there's no streaky lines.

DirtyPlum

I would say the 190 is perfect for this, the bristles are 'hard' enough to spread the cream around the face whereas the softer 187 is better for liquid as you dont have to work it as much.

I agree with others that the 190 doesnt blend as well as say the 187 but i think if you do most of the work with the brush then just use your fingers to blend into the faces lil nooks n crannies.

madame_morbid

I like to use the 192 for cream foundations. The slight firmness of the bristles makes it much easier to blend the cream out.