Which brush for the MSFs??

Honor

I have at the moment only Porcellain Pink, but I am waiting for Pleasureflush and Petticoat.

I thought I can use a blush brush for this, but I read so much about the 187.

Does this really make a difference?? And what is this difference exactly??

Thanks
Honor

MAC_addict_77

Good question, I would love to know that too. Right now I am using a huge face brush to apply it but I am sure there is a better way to do it.

mandirigma

IMO, the 187 brush makes the color buildable and doesn't apply it too heavily or too sparkly. i absolutely love this brush but it set me back a ton and i even got it at a CCO. =/

i guess the brush doesn't work for everybody but kohl's flirt! line has a similar brush called the feather dust-her and it only costs $7. i have this one too and it works similarly but is a little less dense. i would recommend trying that for a while before investing in the 187 just to see if you like it.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandirigma
IMO, the 187 brush makes the color buildable and doesn't apply it too heavily or too sparkly. i absolutely love this brush but it set me back a ton and i even got it at a CCO. =/

i guess the brush doesn't work for everybody but kohl's flirt! line has a similar brush called the feather dust-her and it only costs $7. i have this one too and it works similarly but is a little less dense. i would recommend trying that for a while before investing in the 187 just to see if you like it.

I agree. With the MSFs you want to be able to have control over the product application. You can be really disappointed in a color if you apply it the wrong way. I have the Flirt! brush and a fibre-optic (generic name) brush. I really like them. They are great for NARS blush too. They are great for sooo many things. Anyway, I would try those but also it depends on the MSF. I don't use my skunk brushes for Naked You or any of the shimmery/sparkly ones (Gold Deposit, Metal Rock, New Vegas) because they don't pick up enough color for me. I use a blush/bronzer brush for those. For the smooth ones (Porcelain Pink, Stereo Rose, Petticoat) I like the skunk brushes.

Jennifer Mcfly

I have three MSF's and the only brush I can use with them is the #187. I tried a bronzer brush and a blush brush and they just deposit way too much product. You don't have to get the MAC brush if it's too pricey, just look for something called a Stippling brush.
Hope this helps!
smiles.gif

Here's a link discussing some different "skunk" brushes!
http://www.specktra.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37246

veilchen

I'm also all for the 187!

You can control how much you apply very well thanks to the soft hair, and an MA once told me this is the best brush for working shimmer into the skin - so that it doesn't just sit on top ... I found that's true (at least, I dont have a brush that works better for applying shimmery products).

cookie fan

i bought the 187 yesterday and i´m so happy about.
it´s a really different to apply the MSF with the 187 brush, totally different!
With other brushes my face glitters to much when i apply the MSF, and with the 187 i can apply fine and it works really well.

mspixieears

I bought my first MSF with the Lingerie collection and a #187 specifically for it as it seemed to get raves in relation to applying it. It really does apply it so that you can build it up if necessary - a face brush or blush brush might be a tad too dense.

I thought it may be possible to use a duster fan brush, but that's too pliable perhaps (I was using it for very pigmented NARS blushes and it worked but a little awkward to apply).

NICOLE73

I was using a large blush brush, but after hearing all the good reviews here I purchase the 187. It makes such a difference! The look is way better.

mspixieears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honor
hm, VERY expensive advice .....
greengrin.gif

You're not wrong! I paid 75 AUD for mine and it's been put to good use - Nars blushes, colourless face powder, MSF. It's just miles easier to apply things, and quicker too. Let us know what you end up deciding...

Honor

I am currently thinking abozt the Flirt brush. Just to see if I can "work" good with it an dif I like this kind of brush, I can buy the MAC 187.

What do you think??

more_please

I have the flirt brush, and I like to use it w/porcelain pink. If I had the cash, I'd get a 187. But I think that the skunk brushes are unusual and a little strange to work with at first, so getting the flirt brush to see if you like it is a great idea
smiles.gif

jess98765

i have 3 msf's and use the 187 for all of them..... i think it's the best for them as it's specifically designed for its useage
smiles.gif

darla

I also like the 187, but for Naked You and Petticoat I use the Flirt skunk. The glitter particles fall out easier and it's more natural looking since it's not as dense.

Latest posts