Which Brush to use with a paint pot?

Sparklevixen81

I'm sorry if this is an additional post, I did not find one like it.

I got a paint pot recently but I do not have a brush for it. The MA showed me a 242(i think) and it looked way too big to use with my petite eyes. Is there a smaller version of this? Is there a less expensive or different brand's brush to use with this product? thanks!

rocketqueen

You can get some really cheap art brushes from an art store for just a dollar. They work just as well and are super cheap! Plus they come in loads of sizes, so you won't have to worry about not finding one for you!

purrtykitty

yeah, i use a nylon concealer brush, too. mine are from the sonia kashuk brand at target. not very expensive, so i bought like 5 or 6 and i think they work pretty well.

glamqueen1

I have to agree with Rocketqueen on this one! I use a large dome-shaped synthetic brush with gold-coloured bristles for my paintpots, I just swirl the brush in the pot and easily apply the colour. With a dome- shape, you can reach every corner of the eyelid, and the brushes are ridiculousely cheap too!

janwa09

From MAC you can try 249 or 194
smiles.gif

But really, any synthetic brush with firm bristles would do.

me_jelly

If the 242 is too big, try the 194 concealer brush or anything other brush that has firm/flattened bristles and is synthetic

BlahWah

I third the art store brushes. You dont' really need a great brush to apply base for the lids. If anything I use it to dot on my lids, then smooth it out with my fingers b/c the warmth helps it move better. I'll use the brush again if I've missed spots, esp. along the lashline and just below the brow.

nunu

i found that the 231 very small and hard to fill my lid area with. I tried the 242, it's softer than the 231 but it didn't give me the coverage i needed so i would definately reccomend you checking out the 249.