Which brush?

Kristen

I've decided I miiiight as well take the plunge and get a great MAC face brush (so far I've been sticking to the eyes). What's the best brush to apply bronzer, MSF's and blush? The kabuki or the 187 (or the 180?)?

I'm assuming most people are going to say the 187.. but I just want to know why? How do each of the brushes compare in terms of control, softness, density and application? How does cleaning compare (as i will be using it for all 3 products daily)? Thanks for the help as I'm going to go buy it tomorrow along with Sweetie Cake(nothing like relaxing from your studying by shopping)!

user2

Yes I'm gonna say 187 because it's THE brush to have!
greengrin.gif

Control: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You can do everything from a full face foundation application to a controlled blush appplication.
Softness: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Hmmm I wanna buy 750 of it and sleep on them!
greengrin.gif

Density: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Not as dense as you might think! It's fluffy but still dense!
Application: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Believe me you'll find no way to apply a foundation better and faster than with this brush!

Wattage

I have to agree with the 187. While I LOVE the 180, the 187 is really a better investment at this time in terms of its versatility. The 180 works well (for me) for buffing up my foundation. I don't find it best for powders, bronzers or blushes as it is so dense and picks up A LOT of product. The 187 is really versatile and because it is a blended brush (both natural and synthetic fibres), I find I like the way it washes and dries - it doesn't take long to dry whereas the 180 takes double the time from my experience.

I think ideally you would have both brushes but right now it would be best to start with the 187. This brush (as you can tell from us all drooling over it) is so lovely. It's soft, nice to look at and does a wonderful job on a range of tasks.

Let us know how it goes!

smiles.gif

Kristen

Thanks y'all.. I will definately be grabbing one tomorrow. (and thanks wattage.. that's just what I needed to hear.. I've heard everyone wax poetic about the 187 but I never knew how it compared. Heeere I come 187