Which colors can I pull off?

fashionette

I'm finding my eye makeup to be so boring. I've never been a big fan of really bright eye-colors on myself so my makeup bag is pretty neutral (although I love a bold lip).

And since all of you are really good at helping other people with this stuff, and because you guys inspire me so much I really need some help with my e/s issue. I'd like to know my most wearable colors. I know for a fact though that I can't wear light blue e/s, it makes me look psychotic, haha.

I'm a blue-eyed brunette, NC15 (NC20/25 with a tan, haha). Check out my FOTD's for pics (because I can imagine that would be a lot of help, everyone has different colors, etc etc).

I'm really interested in purples, Pop Iris f/l and Hepcat e/s looks awesome, for example. But I'm pretty open-minded and I trust your judgements.
So go on and namedrop some colors for me!
smiles.gif

Thanks in advance!

I know, it's supposed to be WHAT colors, not WHICH, but I realized it just when I pressed the button and I have a fever so I'm a little confused at the moment, haha.

glam8babe

i have blue eyes too and i find that these colours make my eyes pop: oranges, yellows, light greens, bronze, purples, pinks and even teals... i do find that orange/yellow brings out the blue the most so maybe try eyeshadows like: gorgeous gold, goldmine (you can wear these with neutral colours also.. or wear them with other brighter colours for a more dramatic look)
you just have to experiment really.. why not go to your local mac and ask a MA for help with eyeshadows, they are there to help
smiles.gif

fashionette

Thank you, gonna check out those colors
smiles.gif

So purple is a good color too? It's so much easier for brown-eyed ladies to wear colorful e/s. But I looove purple.

And of course, Pop Iris is a l/l, not a f/l. See, molto confused.

Brittni

I think a deep, shimmery bronze (think MAC's Mythology e/s) with a outer smoky black would be sooo hot!

Oh, and I disagree. I don't think it's easier for brown eyed girls to wear colorful eyeshadow; personally I think all brown eyes are ugly lol...so maybe I'm biased, but I think green eyes have it the best as green looks soo lovely and pops with so many colors, pinks, bronzes, oranges, yellows, everything

revinn

I love Amber Lights to make my blue eyes stand out. Club, Motif, Smut..Artifact Paint Pot is my fave.

fashionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittni
I think a deep, shimmery bronze (think MAC's Mythology e/s) with a outer smoky black would be sooo hot!

Oh, and I disagree. I don't think it's easier for brown eyed girls to wear colorful eyeshadow; personally I think all brown eyes are ugly lol...so maybe I'm biased, but I think green eyes have it the best as green looks soo lovely and pops with so many colors, pinks, bronzes, oranges, yellows, everything

Really? Oh I love brown eyes, it's so pretty.
Yeah, green eyes are pretty versatile. Sucks to be blue-eyed, lol.

foxyqt

i agree with everyone that oranges, coppers and golds would rock with blue eyes! i suggest eyeshadows in Amber Lights, Goldmine, Coppering, Mythology, Falling Star & Antiqued aaand Copper Sparkle pigment.. theres a Too Faced eyeshadow called Socialite which is also so pretty and similar to MAC Falling Star..

as for purples, Violet pigment is so pretty! & if you have access to MUFE try their eyeshadow in #92 ;D

fashionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyqt
i agree with everyone that oranges, coppers and golds would rock with blue eyes! i suggest eyeshadows in Amber Lights, Goldmine, Coppering, Mythology, Falling Star & Antiqued aaand Copper Sparkle pigment.. theres a Too Faced eyeshadow called Socialite which is also so pretty and similar to MAC Falling Star..

as for purples, Violet pigment is so pretty! & if you have access to MUFE try their eyeshadow in #92 ;D

Thank you
smiles.gif

No, unfortunately we don't have MUFE here in Sweden. Do you think satellite dreams & beautiful iris will work for blue eyes?

fashionette

I'm so gonna get amber lights, it's sooo pretty. I'm also thinking about getting mulch and perhaps gorgeous gold. When I was at the counter yesterday I swatched some sumptuous olive on my hand. Dang it's pretty!

Can blue-eyed gals wear olive greens? I'm just so sick of being neutral all the time, I need some color, but I'm a little lost.
smiles.gif

Amaranth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionette
Can blue-eyed gals wear olive greens? I'm just so sick of being neutral all the time, I need some color, but I'm a little lost.
smiles.gif

This is my personal opinion, but others may disagree with me. I have bluish-green eyes and I wear whatever I want. I consider the "rules" to be suggestions for things that will make certain colours pop (like the whole green eyes, reddish eyeshadow thing for example), but they don't forbid me from wearing certain colours. That's just me though, I'm against the whole rule thing, haha. I think it would be fine.

Dani California

I have blue-green eyes, and I love sumptous olive, its an amazing colour
greengrin.gif

I'm reading this thread with interest as I'm exactly the same as you, love neutrals but would like a bit of colour to play with......am loving the sounds of all the gold colours.
greengrin.gif

Whats the difference between goldmine and gorgeous gold?

KTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranth
This is my personal opinion, but others may disagree with me. I have bluish-green eyes and I wear whatever I want. I consider the "rules" to be suggestions for things that will make certain colours pop (like the whole green eyes, reddish eyeshadow thing for example), but they don't forbid me from wearing certain colours. That's just me though, I'm against the whole rule thing, haha. I think it would be fine.

I totally agree. I have blue eyes too and wear pretty much anything. Some colours look better thanb others but I don't follow the "rules" if you will.

I love SUmptuous Olive
greengrin.gif

rabideloise

I don't have blue eyes, but my skin tone is the same. I have hazel eyes and purples are so gorgeous! I think for blue eyes you could definitely pull off Mythology (as someone else said) and dark purples, maybe Sketch or Cranberry...and I think oranges are great with blue eyes. Maybe Rule, Paradisco, Amber Lights...

Chelseaa

Hey, I have brown eyes
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittni

Latest posts