Which course??

feebee

Hi Guys

I've been looking around at some make up courses and have come across these two and just wanted some opinions on which one to go for.... there is a basics and intensive course.

Ive never had any formal make up training but i feel the basic course is very *basic*. I'm a huge make up junkie, and i get lots of compliments on my make up so i feel like i have a good grasp of the basics so was going to go for the intensive course instead...
Below is a brief outline of each course, any opinions on which one to go for would be much appreciated!

Boylan & Balfe Basics

A one-day course covering basic makeup principles. We will walk you through the search for the ideal foundation, eye and cheek colour choices and end the hunt for the perfect lipstick. Together we will create a classic day and night look of your own. We teach you techniques that you can use to enhance your best features (and play down the no-so-hot!) so you can feel confident and beautiful all the time.

Our in depth attention is guaranteed throughout as we pass on all our tips and tricks to achieving a look you feel good wearing. At the end of the course you leave with a folder containing notes, charts, before and after photos and a Personal Prescription detailing the products that we recommend to update your look.
There is an option to go on to further levels after the basic course where we teach a wider range of fashion and trend looks.

Price €250
6-8 per class
This course is also run over four evenings.

Boylan & Balfe Intensive

A three-day intensive course that covers all you need to know to build up your skill.

We teach five seperate looks ranging from the very natural to complete evening elegance and talk you through the multitude of different cosmetic companies out there. You will learn the techniques that most, if not all, makeup artists use repeatedly in one form or another. We work with the best products and a full colour palette to train you in a natural look (the no-makeup makeup),a bronzed look, a day to evening look and an intense eye look. Then we have some fun with a colour look ( no need to be afraid!) and an intense smoky look. We also focus on face shapes, skin types, brow shaping, different eyelining techniques and colour matching.

You will leave with a folder containing notes, charts, before and after photos and a certificate of participation.

This is a great course for those of you considering working in the beauty industry.

Price €595
6-8 per class
This course runs over three consecutive days or over eight evenings.

caffn8me

I believe that M·A·C is looking at offering its one week intensive course in Dublin later this year. I did the first course they ran and it was excellent.