which do you do first?crease or lid?

Irish Cailin

Hi All

Just wondering which is most popular to do first with your e/s..the crease or the lid?
hmm.gif
I've just started doing the crease first after seeing a MU do it a few times. I used to do the lid and work from there.

..kels*

ITA with claresauntie. i usually do a wash over the lid with my lightest colour first & then build over top of it with the darker crease/outer v colour.

IcesUltraGlam7

After I prime and prep,I use a main shadow or what they called a Wash over the entire lid a MAC 252.I then color the crease and then I do the lid for the last touch up.I do this so the colors dont get messed up and I blend them in with a MAC 242 brush gently with my chosen colors.With black liner I'll do that last also.Hope this made sense.I may do a tutorial.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverfadetogray
i do the highlight, lid, and then crease.

Yep I do mine just like that. Usually after I do the crease, I'll go back and touch up the lid a bit tho.

Irish Cailin

tbh, i think its easier to do the lid first ..but i was wondering when i saw the mu's do the crease first
hmm.gif
I guess its each to their own
smiles.gif

kimmy

i usually do a wash over the entire lid/browbone area. then i do the crease and blend it, then i do the lid and add more to the crease if needed. then blend, blend, blend!

july

I actually start with the crease ( the darker color ) then the lid
and in the end the highlight .
I found this way it is easier to bland and all the colors are placed on the base directly so they all will last a longer .

ebonyannette

I highlight first too, it gives me better perspective and helps keep me from using too much eyeshadow.
Then I do my lid then the crease last, because my crease color is usually pretty dark since Im dark skinned its really easy to overdo it.

~LadyLocks~

Quote:
Originally Posted by claresauntie
I do it by color. Lightest color first, then mid-tones, then dark.

I do exactly this!