which e/s for teal?

fishchick72

I have humid & it looks a little teal to me. Aside from teal pigment, which e/s are teal? I am planning to go look at zonk bleu, shimmermoss, steamy, & surreal? Are these teal? any others?

brandi

i like to think that shimmermoss and steamy are more teal in color than zonk bleu and surreal... surreal is a little teal like in color but lighter IMO... but humid to me is more of a dark green color.

fishchick72

ok, thanks. on the mac website it says that zonk bleu is teal. when I put my humid on it looks very blue-green to me, so to me it looks teal.

serendipityii

Humid is dark green on me... could be different skin coloring. My favorite teals are LE, but if you can find them, get 'em! Blue Absinthe and Tease 'n Teal... Blue Absinthe came from.. uh... can't remember, but Tease 'n Teal was from the Olive Trend Palette in Holiday '05.

bellaetoile

i agreee, surreal and zonk bleu aren't really what i consider "teal", they're more of a..irridescent aqua? for lack of a better color. for actual teal, blue absinthe is pretty good, if you can find it, shimmermoss, there's a PRO shadow called dark teal, but i still find its a little light. also, the mineralize eyeshadow tres teal is really pretty, and actually is better than any of the normal shadows, IMO, because it looks great dry, but even better wet. the mineralizes seem to be popping up on the boards, and at CCOs.

brandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishchick72
what about the teal pigment then? is it a good shade of teal?

yes i think that it's a nice teal color i love love love that pigment!

fishchick72

ok, thanks, I think that'll be my first pigment then.
smiles.gif

Pink_lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandi
yes i think that it's a nice teal color i love love love that pigment!

i second that! i don't wear it too often, but it's definitely one of my fave pigments.

pr1nces583

teal is a gorgeous pigment but its not eyesafe. ive still used it as a liner without harm tho! steamy is pretty much teal. its neither green nor blue, so teal i guess!
teal is my very favourite color
eyelove.gif

Jennifer Mcfly

Steamy is a good teal, it looks really great with most anything, especially purple! Humid is down right green on me! Funny
smiles.gif

pr1nces583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Mcfly
Steamy is a good teal, it looks really great with most anything, especially purple! Humid is down right green on me! Funny
smiles.gif

i love steamy:)

i wore it today for work with overgrown in the inner corners,
steamy on rest of lid, swimming in the crease and shroom to highlight. it looked green but perhaps that was the mixture of the overgrown and swimming.

brandi

even though mac says that teal isnt eye safe its mostly a precaution for other people with sensitive eyes... ive heard about some people havint itchy eyes but i use all the noneyesafe colors and nothing happens to me..... but it could happen to others.... i know a lot of MA's that use them also!

kimmy

i'd suggest shimmermoss and steamy! i'm wearing shimmermoss right now actually haha. it's such a beautiful colour! very teal and shimmery. sooo pretty!

Shellamia

Steamy has to be my favorite- wearing it right now with Gorgeous gold blended over the brow bone. I'm an olive/tan complexion- and it looks teal on me.

janwa09

The teal e/s I love to use are..Shimmermoss, Aquadisiac, Big T, Jewel Blue and Plumage. Plumage I find, goes well with both green-teal and blue-teal e/s. A definite must have!

KTB

Steamy and Shimmermoss are both great teals. I originally thought they'd be too much a like but they're actually quite different. They both totally go with so many different combinations it's great!

Humid on me is very definitely green.