Which e/s to combine w/ Nocturnelle?

TheProphetess

Hi there
newhere.gif

I recently visited a MAC counter and I happened to have my first wrong buy with MAC ever
thmbdn.gif

Bought an e/s "fig.1" because the Lady recommended this colour for combination with nocturnelle.

BUT - its nearly the same colour just without the sparkling effect!

Now - what could I combine to Nocturnelle? I need the colour for the outer side of the upper lid and for shading around the eyes. So it should be darker!
The problem seems to be that all darker violet colours are kind of blueish violet and nocturnelle is red!

I would be very happy about some recs for me!!

Thanks
smiles.gif

TP

xbrookecorex

Mancatcher!! It's from the LE Lure collection, but it has several dupes... 'Pearl of the Earth' from from a holiday 2005 palette, the light purple color in the Pandemonium quad, and Illegal Cargo from Naughty Nauticals is close. But omggg Mancatcher on the lid and Nocturnelle in the crease is my favorite purple look!

kimmy

i like sea myth e/s (lure collection) on the browbone and inner corners, mancatcher e/s (lure collection) on the lid, nocturnelle e/s in the crease and lower lashline with carbon or black tied e/s to deepen the crease.

FiestyFemme

I usually pair Nocturnelle with other purples (Beautiful Iris, Digit), pinks (Pink Freeze, Swish), and golden colors (All That Glitters). It's such a beautiful shade.

BeautyPsycho

I dunno about darker shade.. maybe grape pigment or deep purple (i believe that the name...)
But I love using nocturnelle with violet pigment (violet over lid, noc. in the crease) and mancatcher in the inner corner and over the crease... If I'm making any sense
smiles.gif

breechan

An artist once put naked lunch in the highlight and inner corner, gold on the lid, and nocturnelle in the crease. I bought the colours right away as it looked awesome.
thmbup.gif

Nocturnelle also looks nice on the lower lashline with a smoky look.

TheProphetess

uuuh,thanks a lot!
think I have to get this mancatcher thing - it's not in stores anymore, right? Any idea where I could get it?
Think I try as many combinations as possible (but with only 6 colours it could be a bit problematic
whistle.gif

So I'll fix that problem first
yes.gif

Thanks anyway!!

xbrookecorex

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProphetess
uuuh,thanks a lot!
think I have to get this mancatcher thing - it's not in stores anymore, right? Any idea where I could get it?
Think I try as many combinations as possible (but with only 6 colours it could be a bit problematic
whistle.gif

So I'll fix that problem first
yes.gif

Thanks anyway!!

Mancatcher isn't that hard to find even though it's not in stores anymore... it pops up for sale a lot for retail or less, and the CCO's at outlets almost always have the Lure collection shadows available
smiles.gif

TheProphetess

...but don't forget I live in Germany and far away from any MAC counter
ssad.gif
But I make a huge list for my next trip to MAC
th_LMAO.gif
!