Which eyeliner?

MissToons

Hi guys, I want to get a black eyeliner but not sure between the MAC fluidline, liquid eyeliner or liquidlast. I know you need to use a brush with the fluidlines and the other two come with the applicator. I want one that is easy to use and doesn't easily smudge or come off and it is a strong colour and not watery. Which one do you think i should try?

AudreyNicole

I am having the same issue. I have only ever used pencil e/l, but am really wanting to try fluidlines or liquidlast but don't know which to try first! It seems that the fluidlines are easier for beginners like me, and they both have great staying power. The fluidlines (most of them) are safe on the waterline, but liquidlasts are not. Most people are saying that the liquidlasts are a thinker consistency (almost gunky) and take some time to dry. Ugh, I am so torn! One reason that I am looking toward fluidlines more is because they seem to last forever and are less expensive, but I do love the colors of the liquidlasts. It would be easier if I just wanted black!
lol.gif

glittergoddess27

Yep,.. if you are not good at the whole liner thing,.. start with Fluidlines,.. they are gel so if you screw up you can use your clean finger or a Qtip to quickly smudge away the mess and then redo it,.. it is fixable until it dries,.. then it is smudge proof and waterproof,.. I use 3 different brushes with my Fluidline,.. the small angle,.. the actual liner brush and a flat ended cheapo art brush,.. the liquidlast are great but they are thicker in consistancy and not as easy to fix,..I would start with fluidline and then work you way into Liquidlast.

Wattage

If you are going to get black, I would absolutely go for the Fluidline over the Liquidlast. Liquidlasts can be difficult to apply if you are new to the method. Also, as Audrey noted, it is more product for less (Fluidline). One more thing I like about Fluidlines is when they get just slightly dry after applying, you can smudge them to make a smokey eye - this is much harder to do with a liquid liner. They are easier to clean up if you make a mistake.

In all honesty, the only reason I would ever go to the Liquidlasts is for the colour. IMO, I think these are way too expensive ($20 CDN). All in all, I think the colours are nice but just not very practical.

midnightlouise

I totally agree with the other ladies. Start with fluidliners & see how that works for you! It's really easy to use, and although it takes a bit longer to apply (for me anyway, others may be alot faster lol!) it definitely is much more forgiving when it comes to mistakes.

AudreyNicole

I also wanted to add that there is a swatch in the Liquidlast swatch thread that compares three of the LLL to fluidlines. The colors are almost identical. I had all 3 of those on my list, until I saw how similar they were to fluidlines. Now I think I am just going to get those colors in the fluidlines cause I will get more for my money, and more forgiveness with application until I get better at applying it. My plan is to get LLL in the brighter colors, which aren't available in the fluidlines. HTH!
smiles.gif

MissToons

Thanks guys, this has helped alot. Was wondering if anyone has tried the liquid eyeliner in boot black? What is this like compared to the fluidline in blacktrack?