Which foundation?

melly_x

I'm going to be buying a more expensive foundation this time!
I'm not sure about the MAC foundations, I've read some bad things about them on here
soo, what does everybody reccomend?
I need quite good coverage to cover up freckles, blemishes, etc but I also want to look natural.
Also my skin is quite dry

I'm from the UK too so some brands I might not be able to get
ssad.gif

any reccomendations will be appreciated
xx

tannny

i honestly have heard lame stuff about mac foundations. i was almost set on never buying the mouisture fix compact again because it made my face look reallly dark and orange ish and the mac sales person talked me into thinking it was the right match...it wasnt...i went to mac the other day and tried the colors on myself and fell in love. it looks great and covers sooo well when applied with the foundation brush which i bought yesterday and was a bit skeptical about going in for another brush, it was WORTH IT...my say is mouisture blend with the flat foundation mac brush. chanel makes a good foundation too but its a bit pricey.

Tabitha

I never had any problems when using Mac foundations and the color selection is pretty good...esp. if you're fair skinned. You also might like Tarte Smooth Operator, which is a tinted moisturizer and it does provide decent coverage. Hope this helps some.

KJam

Moistureblend - I have super dry skin and it is the only foundation that is flawless on me.

so_siqqq

For a natural look I would try out a tinted moisturizer and then use concealer to cover up blemishes, scars, etc. I like Mac Select Tint SPF 15 and for concealer Mac Select Cover Up.

maianne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina Victoria
Chanel's Fluid Teinte Universel SPF15 Vitamin Makeup Foundation is amazing.

Totally 2nd that... you get a really nice, natural finish with this and I found the colours to be quite decent. And it's easily buildable if you want heavier coverage.

pumpkincat210

I really love mac's Studio Tech. I have acne prone skin, but since I started using this, its all gone away...every single blemish, so its really on a person to person basis..

bluegrassbabe

I have really dry skin. I use studio tech and sometimes moisture blend. Moistureblend feels fantastic on dry skin and gives good coverage, but it is a little more work for me. I think it needs more blending and buffing to look natural. On me, it goes on kind of streaky, so it takes more time to work it out to a more natural finish. I usually just wear it on days when I have a little more time to do my face. If you are willing to work with it, the results are great. Studio tech is my every day foundation. It's easy to work with and gives fantastic coverage that looks natural.
I've noticed that girls who say they have oily skin and tend to break out more dislike MACs foundations. These things aren't really an issue for those of us with dry skin.