which goes on first?

helloitsjeanna

hello all, I was reading some of the makeup artist tips on the mac pro website and for years I've been going on with this lineup/order of how i put my makeup:

foundation
eyes
cheeks
lips

but one of the tips from the artists recommended that eyes go first so that all the extra gunk and residue from eyeshadows that fall on your cheeks or nose can be wiped away with a mac wipe or baby wipe that way foundation isn't ruined.. i never really thought of it that way.. and it makes sense.. what do you all think?

Kristen

I don't really apply foundation.. but I've always heard face first. To stop gunk (and for me eyeshadow) from falling on your cheeks and ruining your makeup, apply a thick coat of loose powder onto your cheeks, nose, etc.. before you start on your eyes. After you're done, take a large brush and dust off the powder and it will take the gunk with it.

bilsonxx

I like to do eyes first then foundation then lips then cheeks. But that is just me, I guess it is just personal preference. Um...Ya to get rid of the residue that gets on your face, just apply powder then wipe it away.

RRRose

I always put moisturizer first, and while that is drying, I do the eyes, then everything with the face, and then the lips. I think it's a personal preference.

Eye<3Colour

for me its

foundation
lips
cheeks
eyes

then i take a big brush and dust my face off with a little loose powder

i do my lips before eyes, because it acts as a guide to how much eye makeup i put on for that day.
smiles.gif

PrettyKitty

For me:

- Moisturizer
- Primer
- Foundation
- Concealer
- Powder
- Bronzing powder or cream
- Blush
- Highlighter
- Mascara
- Eyebrows
- Eye shadow base
- Eye shadows
- Eyeliner
- Lipliner
- Lipstick or Lipgloss

glassjaw326

I've always done it this way...
moisturizer
eyeshadow base
eyeshadows
liner
mascara
foundation
powder
lips

i didnt know there was a rule...

moonrevel

I'm sort of weird. I don't know why I do it this way, but it works for me, hehe:

moisturizer + lip balm
eyeshadow base
eyeshadow
foundation
powder
blush
eyebrows
liner
mascara
lips

Hehe, I know the last three eye-related things seem way out of order, but somehow I've just gotten in the habit of doing it that way. I believe in just doing what works for you. I mean, as long as it looks good in the end, who cares what order it was in?

Bubbles

For me:

Moisturizer
Concealer
Foundation
Highlighter (YSL touche eclat)
Eyeshadow
Eyeliner
Mascara
Blush/bronzer
Lips

stevoulina

Lately this is what I do (it's really hot here) :

:arrow: Tinted Moisturizer
:arrow: Pressed Powder
:arrow: Eyeshadow
:arrow: Eyeliner (pencil)
:arrow: Mascara
:arrow: Blush
:arrow: Lip Gloss

Everything though is a matter of personal preference!When eyeshadow falls on my cheeks,I simply take a tissue and wipe it off and then apply some powder over the spot I wiped off!
th_wink3.gif