Which House would the Sorting Hat put you in?

Nox

A very non-serious question, but I'm curious. For those of whom have read the Harry Potter books, or at least one of them, which house would the Sorting Hat put you into? (You can choose two houses if they suit you equally.)

Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, Gryffindor, or Slytherin?

Traits (ripped from Wikipedia):

Gryffindor values courage, daring, nerve and chivalry above all else. Its mascot is the lion, and its colours are scarlet and gold. According to Rowling, Gryffindor corresponds roughly to the element of fire. The founder of the house is Godric Gryffindor.

Hufflepuff, founded by Helga Hufflepuff, values hard work, loyalty, tolerance, and fair play above all else. The house mascot is the badger, and canary yellow and black are its colours. According to Rowling, Hufflepuff corresponds roughly to the element of earth.

Ravenclaw values intelligence, creativity, wit, and wisdom. "Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure" is an oft-repeated Ravenclaw proverb.[HP5][HP7] The house mascot is an eagle, the house colours are blue and bronze (changed to blue and silver in the movies). According to Rowling, Ravenclaw corresponds roughly to the element of air.

Like Salazar Slytherin, its founder, Slytherin house values ambition, cunning, resourcefulness, and pure blood heritage. Most Slytherin students display a high level of Machiavellianism. The book also suggests that the hunger for power is a characteristic of Slytherins. The animal representing Slytherin is the serpent, and the house's colours are green and silver. According to Rowling, Slytherin corresponds roughly to the element of water.

pinkxsushii

I'd probably be sorted into Hufflepuff....this topic makes me want to go re-read all the books and continuously watch the trailer for the new movie!

Nox

I would definitely be a RavenClaw. I have a healthy dose of ambition and resourcefulness, but somehow, I think Ravenclaw is a better match for me versus Slytherin. I think there have been "non-pure" wizards in Slytherin though (Voldemort for one).

Shimmer

I'd hope for Gryffindor, but would probably get Slytherin.
smiles.gif

SkylarV217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
smiles.gif

HEHE, I could sooo see you in that house lol... but you wouldn't be one of those nasty ones ...=/

I would love to say Gryffindor but to be honest with myself it would be Ravenclaw
yes.gif
not terrible but not with Potter lol =)

I'm soo ready for Half Blood Prince =)

aziajs

I voted for Gryffindor before I read the descriptions, just based on what I know of it from the movies but I think I would be better suited in Ravenclaw.

M.A.C. head.

I'm with Shimmer on this one.

When I thought about the question, I thought about how Harry reacted when the Sorting Hat was pondering about placing him in Slytherin. I COULD be in Slytherin, because I have been through and seen a lot of things that have put some Slytherin tendencies in me, but at heart and deep down, I'm definitely a Gryffindor.

[I still own the Gryffindor jacket I bought in my frosh year of college LOL]

M.A.C. head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxsushii
I'd probably be sorted into Hufflepuff....this topic makes me want to go re-read all the books and continuously watch the trailer for the new movie!

OMG I didn't know the trailer was even out, so I went and looked it up on YouTube...

I just shit a midget. I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!

anjelik_dreamin

Quote:
smiles.gif

Me too. Maybe Ravenclaw, but I don't know if I'd be smart enough!

duch3ss25

I could be in Ravenclaw or Slytherin. But if choice is taken into account, then I'd hope to be a Gryffindor.

On a side note, I am stoked to hear that the next movie will be coming out soon. I've been re-reading HP & the Deathly Hallows this past week and I just can not believe there won't be new books to look forward to, like LE collections, lol... I'm definitely going to relish lining up at the premiere of the next HP movie!

concertina

Ravenclaw, I think.

Reading those descriptions, I've got to wonder why Hermione wasn't sorted into Ravenclaw. Of course, that would screw the plot right up, wouldn't it?
winks.gif

laneyyy

I'm like most of you, I would hope for Ravenclaw, but probably wind up Slytherin... I def could see myself fitting into both houses though...

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by concertina
Ravenclaw, I think.

Reading those descriptions, I've got to wonder why Hermione wasn't sorted into Ravenclaw. Of course, that would screw the plot right up, wouldn't it?
winks.gif

In the first book she says that the Sorting Hat considered putting her in Ravenclaw, but ultimately decided that Griffindor was best.

concertina

Quote:
In the first book she says that the Sorting Hat considered putting her in Ravenclaw, but ultimately decided that Griffindor was best.

Ahhh, I didn't remember that. Its been a while since I've read them.
winks.gif

Shimmer

LOL I'm reading all of them right now, in order. I just finished the Sorcerer's Stone and I'm simultaneously listening to Chamber of Secrets and reading it.
smiles.gif

Nox

^ I think Slytherin has got such a bad rep, but that house is so badass. I don't think I'd mind being a Slytherin. I've even got an 'official' Slytherin scarf (as well as a Gryffindor one, LOL.)

mtrimier

maybe i'll get scarves for both houses, too. i could sew them together and flip sides depending on my mood.
smiles.gif