Which is better, 222 or 223 brush?

MissCeeJae

I bought brush 222 and 223 yesterday but I am debating whether or not I should keep the 223 brush because these two are very similar. I asked the MUA (who offered me the 223 brush which I ended up buying) at Nordstrom what the difference was between the two brushes and she just responded "they are the same thing. It's just the color of the bristles that are different." Now I don't know if she was just saying that to make a sale, but I ended up walking downstairs to the actual MAC store to buy the 222 brush.

Does anyone have both these brushes? Which one is better and why? I heard the 222 brush is perfect for asian eyes (which I have) but the 223 is more precise for application. Is this true?

Thanks in advance!
winkiss.gif

aeroSOUL

I use the 222 or 223 for my eyes, because I have small almond shape eyes. They are smaller and a bit stiffer than the 224, whichshould be used if you have bigger eyes, or you dont want as controlled colour.. i prefer the 223 more, though, it gets right into the crease.
the 222 is more tapered i think... they both are verrry similar, which is why they come right after another, 222, 223. if you ask any MAC Artist, we all prefer to have every eye brush, because they play thier very own roll.

rosenbud

I am so glad you have asked this, I have wanted to know myself.
I one the 223 and it is my favourite brush, I only purchased it as I saw it at a CCO and instantly regretted it thinking argh why did I buy it!!

Then as soon as I discovered how much softer the bristles are than my 217 and how wonderful this brush is for giving soft definition to my crease (the 219 is great for softening eyeliner but gives a very harsh crease line and the 217 I find is too big for me to use for crease defining).
So I too am wondering do I need a 222, how are they different and is it as soft as the 223???

cocodivatime

Ok. Well then while we are at it. What's the difference between the 224 as well? I have it and love it.

But then what are the purposes of all three 222, 223, and 224. Do they all serve the same purpose?