Which is better MAC Sheer Shimmer Blush or Nars?

Julie

I currently use MAC but was wondering how the Nars blushes compare. I really want to try Orgasm but was wondering if it is shimmery? I prefer the shimmery as oposed to the matte finishes.

leppy

NARS blushes are really opaque & pigmented which is a good or bad thing depending on what you like!

I like MAC sheertones because they're sheer and its not too hard to put it on without overdoing it, which is really easy for me because I'm pale & kind of flushed already so too much colour is a disaster!

Orgasm looked phony on me, I thought for sure it would work. Ah well! It looks lovely on a lot of ladies, and it IS shimmery.

Jessica

Nars ROCKS. I love my MAC blushes, but Nars really has a niche. I love Angelika and would wear it everyday if I thought that no one would notice *smiles deviantly*

rouquinne

if you're thinking about Orgasm blush, buy MAC Peachy Keen instead.

they are IDENTICAL - and you get more from MAC for less!

Julie

Thanks everyone! I keep hearing about Nars Orgasm everywhere and was wondering if it was worth all the hype. So I guess for now it is not a must have for me but a maybe whenever I get a chance to check it out at Sephora.
th_wink3.gif

mrsdivajen

I like NARS orgasm, but I think its overly hyped, and probably won't show up on a lot of skin types...

PnkCosmo

The only NARS blush I've liked is Mata Hari.

I really like MAC's Sheertone Shimmers. They're easy to use.

martygreene

I really didn't care for NARS when I tried it. There were colors I liked, but they were too strong, and there were textures I liked but the colors were wrong.

The price is also a bit prohibitive, I find.

banana

I've only tried one NARS blush and that was sin. It looked beautiful at first but then the colour disappeared and there was this silvery shimmer leftover that totally washed me out.

MAC trace gold is my favourite highlighter. I have to be careful with it though because it emphasises my big pores.

Kuuipo

I love NARS, but I think Orgasm is the weakest product they have ever made. Try Luster or Oasis or Sin or Crazed. If you want a color that looks like you actually HAD an orgasm try Mounia.

user79

I swapped for a bunch of Nars blushes on here and on MUA. I haven't used my MAC blushes since, the Nars ones are better. Orgasm is the only Nars blush I have I don't like!

Temptasia

If you like shimmer, I would like to suggest the Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick in Pink Quartz if you are fair and Rose if you have medium tone. You can use it on top of any blush.

The shades from NARS work better for me because they look more "natural but better" whereas the shades I have tried from MAC look off and fade really quickly.

I still buy the odd MAC blush hoping I could change my mind, but I have yet to give up the NARS blush fetish.