Which is more important to you, foundation or eyeshadow?

MACATTAK

I'd say it depends on how your skin looks. There are some people who have naturally good skin, and in that case I'd go with shadows. If not, I'd go with skin as well. However, it's still going to depend on what your skin needs. Do you need a foundation & primer, or would some concealer and a powder do? That way you could get some of both.

Vixxan

If you have nice skin you may not need foundation. If you are happy with how your face looks without foundation then skip it and start with your eye shadow collection.

Dahlia_Rayn

I have relatively good skin, so I am an eyeshadow whore. I think if you're comfy with your skin, go ahead with the shadow, or do a little of both as MACATTAC suggested.

dmcgeo

Would agree with others: If you have good skin, you can get by with no foundation or a very light powder. If that is your situation, start building the eyeshadow collection. If your skin needs evening out or blemishes covered up then go with the foundation. You can always buy 2-4 shadow shades and still have a neutral daytime look and a more dramatic nighttime look.

shontay07108

I have pretty good skin, but it's still about foundation. It brings everything together and make everything more impressive. Even if I'm wearing just foundation and lipstick, it makes all the difference in the world.

panda0410

How about a tinted moisturizer? If you have nice enough skin a tinted moisturizer may well be enough and then you can start purchasing other things
smiles.gif

InspiredBlue

Even if one has good skin, I don't like the look of eye makeup on a naked face. Some tinted moisturizer or powder may be all that's needed, but if it's one or the other, the base comes first.

Steel Magnolia

Depends on if your skin is good or not really. My skin looks the exact same with or without foundation - lucky me I guess! So Eyeshadow is waaay more important to me as I dont need any foundation. (Doesnt stop me buying tons of it though!)
smiles.gif

BEA2LS

do you need a primer? i used to use one but i found with better quality foundations i skip it, i also do not use powder. i have it, but do not usually reach for it.
i found say foundation but also at least mascara

equus18

Foundation. If I am doing a quick run to the store, I'll put on light foundation but omit the eyeshadow.

Miss QQ

I've put on eyeshadow on my naked skin (on days when my skin is good) and went out a few times, but I don't like the look. When I'm lazy, I will skip the makeup entirely, and will not even put on foundation. If I put on foundation, I need blush and some highlighter on my face. But if I were you to choose only one, it will be foundation because you value good skin

LMD84

hhhmmm if you had perfectskin then i would say go for eyeshadow. but if you're like me and have average skin with teh odd break out and uneven patches go for foundation
smiles.gif

but that said you don't have to buy mac foundations or expencive brands. i like using revlon colour stay and photoready and they are every bit as good as a high end brand. buy buying drug store foundations perhaps you could sneak in the odd shadow on your budget too?

Senoj

Foundation, I would like my skin to appear even and clear as much as possible. Sometimes just concealer by itself will do the the trick.